Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Double Pull Selection Deactivated with FSD, Cruise Control not available.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the free trial of FSD on my Model Y LR. My gripe is you do not have a double pull option with FSD activated. Only Single Pull. Cruise Control cannot be accessed unless you completely deactivate the FSD selection and go back to Beta. Is there another get around. In Beta you have the cruise control option. I bet this has been asked b4, but I can't find it.

Reactions: HelloJP and Jeff-4
I just got the free trial of FSD on my Model Y LR. My gripe is you do not have a double pull option with FSD activated. Only Single Pull. Cruise Control cannot be accessed unless you completely deactivate the FSD selection and go back to Beta. Is there another get around. In Beta you have the cruise control option. I bet this has been asked b4, but I can't find it.
I too was disappointed as I typically use Cruise Control only. Assume everything will return to normal on 4/29?

Reactions: Scelto and agmonaco
Yea, I was looking at that through the menu. Is it just me, or strange one has to give up Cruise Control for FSD?

Not just you, pretty stupid of Tesla. A few posts think this was done to eliminate confusion as to when FSD is on, but if so, all Tesla needs to do was make bigger icons. This makes FSD a non-starter for me. Glad I didn’t buy FSD as I would be really pissed by this change.

Reactions: jhneuerburg
How do you "go back to beta?"

I'm frustrated by this change as I want the option for FSD sometimes and TACC at others. This locks me out of TACC unless I stop the vehicle and opt out of FSD...

How do you "go back to beta?"

I'm frustrated by this change as I want the option for FSD sometimes and TACC at others. This locks me out of TACC unless I stop the vehicle and opt out of FSD...
Unless they reactivate this feature in a future update, you're not going to have it. I think the reason they removed it was complaints about confusion on which mode the driver is in. People who were in FSD, moved the wheel, and got kicked down to TACC, but thought they were still in FSD, so they let go of the wheel and it didn't steer, nearly causing an accident.

I personally never had such confusion, but there were definitely people complaining about it. That's my guess.

Just select Autosteer instead of FSD in the Autopilot menu.
Well, yes, that's what I've done--but then if I want to turn FSD back on I have to stop.

FSD is far superior to Autosteer. I'd rather not have to choose between TACC/Autosteer and FSD for each drive. I have plenty of long drives where I want TACC for some portions and FSD for other portions.

But apparently that's just the way it is now. Disappointing--and I just bought a brand new Model Y with FSD two weeks ago. If I had realized this change was coming I don't know if I would have made the plunge.

Oh well--I should have read the release notes and social media posts about this update more carefully. You can be sure I'll do that in the future! Overall I still love my Tesla, but I am really disappointed by being "forced" into a choice between TACC/Autosteer and FSD.

Well, yes, that's what I've done--but then if I want to turn FSD back on I have to stop.

FSD is far superior to Autosteer. I'd rather not have to choose between TACC/Autosteer and FSD for each drive. I have plenty of long drives where I want TACC for some portions and FSD for other portions.

But apparently that's just the way it is now. Disappointing--and I just bought a brand new Model Y with FSD two weeks ago. If I had realized this change was coming I don't know if I would have made the plunge.

Oh well--I should have read the release notes and social media posts about this update more carefully. You can be sure I'll do that in the future! Overall I still love my Tesla, but I am really disappointed by being "forced" into a choice between TACC/Autosteer and FSD.
I learned here about a nifty work around to the FSDS vs AP or TACC dilemma: Create another driver profile by cloning your existing profile and turn off FSDS for the clone. You can switch profiles whilst driving and then use AP or TACC as desired,

Reactions: TameTheGame
I learned here about a nifty work around to the FSDS vs AP or TACC dilemma: Create another driver profile by cloning your existing profile and turn off FSDS for the clone. You can switch profiles whilst driving and then use AP or TACC as desired,
Good call. I didn't realize you could switch profiles while driving.

This is more of a headache than just one or two pulls--but it's better than having to pull over by the side of the road!

Currently on a 5,000 mile road trip. FSD is doing great except in bad weather when it gets upset. Second profile with AP/TACC instead of FSD is working great.
Similar situation here: current drive is SE AZ to Morro Bay CA, and then up the coast of CA to BC, so lots of rain and wind, Overall FSDS is helpful and as I learn to use it as a driver's aid rather than actual 'full self driving' it is becoming very useful. Driving through San Francisco onto the GG Bridge was a breeze with FSDS since it always picked the correct lanes in advance, for example. I learned to use the turn signal stalk to cancel unneeded lane changes and I don't allow FSDS to select it's own speeds, since it often drives above the typical law enforcement speed allowance. I manually set the speeds on undivided Hwys to 5mph over the limit, as per AP, since that's safe, IMHO but 10 over on divided Hwys for the same reason. FSDS tends to follow too closely ( there's only two cars on an empty Hwy so why am I ~5 car lengths from the car ahead?) so I back the speed off to get a comfortable distance and then match speeds to maintain it.

On winding Mtn roads, it's easy to accidently disengage FSDS and then it decelerates rapidly until the accelerator is pressed, and I've learned to keep my foot on the pedal around tight corners. I've found that FSDS often drifts over to the center line when making tight turns and that's unnerving on Mtn roads,

I really like FSDS's ability to select the correct turning lane when there's multiple possibilities, very close together.

Good call. I didn't realize you could switch profiles while driving
How do you switch while driving? While I'm parked I can tap on my name (which appears just to the right of the temperature, along the top of the display), but when I start driving the driver profile name disappears. Tapping in the area where the driver name would normally appear doesn't do anything.

Attachments

• 20240407_090640.jpg
    20240407_090640.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 18