Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

door unlocking fails

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Model S (Sept 2023) set so that only the driver's door unlocks when I approach the car. When I want to open the other doors for accompanying passengers, I would press the door unlock symbol on the driver's door. That no longer works. There is no sound or any other indication of action.

I've noticed that the front passenger door is sometimes sticky and has to be touched to retract, but don't know if this is a related issue.

Does anyone have ideas?

I have my Model S (Sept 2023) set so that only the driver's door unlocks when I approach the car. When I want to open the other doors for accompanying passengers, I would press the door unlock symbol on the driver's door. That no longer works. There is no sound or any other indication of action.

I've noticed that the front passenger door is sometimes sticky and has to be touched to retract, but don't know if this is a related issue.

Does anyone have ideas?
Based on your setting, it is setup needing to touch push the passenger handle for it to retract by design. All of this is covered in detail in the manual and worth a quick read to understand the feature setup.