Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla install solar panels at an angle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a 4kw system through the Tesla website (love the ease and simplicity, but it's really light on details). I only have two sections of roof available for the install, one flat EPDM section, and one section that actually slopes to the north a few degrees. Because of this, it would normally make sense to mont the panels at an angle, but I can't tell if Tesla does this. Does anyone have experience with this?

they will not do that, only portrait or landscape... i'm currently talking to a local installer to see if they can do that.
It might be worth the premium to do that. A couple hypotheticals at different tilts on PV Watts could tell you the difference in estimated production. Especially on a flat roof. If nothing else, even a small tilt on a flat roof would allow rain to wash off pollen and dust that other wise would accumulate around the edges and cut back production. That won;'t show up on any PV Watts estimates but I have one location that is mounted flat and unless we really get a good downpour I see a small degradation over time.