Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does my Model 3 have 250 mile range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On tesla.com, SR+ models are listed as 250 miles of range. Is that for all M3s or just those shipped after a certain date?

Mine was delivered in 2020.

To clarify, I ask because previously SR+ was advertised as having 240 miles of range. I couldn't find out if the change was due to an optimization enabled via software update or new hardware or something else.

I bought mine a year ago it stated 240, I always thought ppl were just rounding up.
I can count on 1 hand how many times I've changed to 100% and belive it was 240 those times. Maybe the 5% efficiency/speed boost we got edged that number up.

Remember that 250 miles range is just an estimate of the potential your battery can deliver. Your driving habit, the climate, the wheels will greatly influence that.

My battery increased in "km" after an update, but once my battery hit 4% left, it readjusted with significantly less range than expected after charging. (If you let your battery drain down to around 5%, the battery recalibrates. Do not do this all the time as it is not good for the battery in the long run on repetitive drainage this low).

Also, freezing battery reduced my battery "range" during winter. Will see about it again once spring returns

Thanks. I searched online some more and this was talked about when the change was made last year.

According to the insideevs article linked below, Tesla officially said

"In addition to launching longer-range versions of the Model S and Model X in April, we have been able to increase the EPA range of the Model 3 Standard Range Plus from 240 miles to 250 miles. We accomplished these improvements by more efficient energy use rather than a costly increase to the battery size."

Here's How Tesla Managed To Increase Model 3 Range Rating

Here's some more discussion.

All Tesla Models will get Range/Power increase (not just SR+) of 5%

Model 3 SR+ range increase from 240 to 250 : teslamotors