Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do/ when will we get NoA in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What it does mean though is that it should now work in places where you can't get a good internet connection.

That’s true, but I’m slightly puzzled how it works. You approach the car and at that point Bluetooth isn’t connected as the car isn’t ‘on’ (this is an assumption I admit). How do you initiate Summon other than by making cellular connection as you do now? If memory serves the Summon connection is what turns the car on, and that’s when the Bluetooth connection is established.

Not had the update but I use Summon regularly at work and would be disappointed if it’s been neutered as posts elsewhere are suggesting - without being tested though.

My journey today will need a SuC stop and I’m hoping to see the benefit of the improved charging rate. My 75D’s PB is 96kW, which is the most the car can handle.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I use Summon regularly at work

Interesting. I've never found a need for it, am I missing something?

My 75D’s PB is 96kW

Also interesting ... is that the peak figure? Down at 10%-40%-ish I routinely get 110kW-ish

TeslaFi03.jpg

Is this the same regulatory committee that decided to ensure all cars had some kind of speed limiting control in the next 5-10 years? Will this also affect auto-park since you clearly can't parallel park without going into a full lock *sigh*

Last edited:
This was the concerning bit:
Additionally, to initiate Auto Lane Change, the turn signal must be engaged to the first detent (held partially up or down) and the lane change must start within 5 seconds of engaging the turn signal.”

However, the regs make no mention of this restriction. In fact, this approval category exists:
"ACSF of Category E" means a function which is initiated/activated by the driver and which can continuously determine the possibility of a manoeuvre (e.g. lane change) and complete these manoeuvres for extended periods without further driver command/confirmation.
Looks like it just hasn't been approved yet, and that no-confirm lane change will happen - pending approval.

A few more notes from the regulations:
5.1.3:
These requirements may also not necessarily apply in the case of full power steering when the vehicle is stationary, during low speed manoeuvres at speeds up to a maximum speed of 15 km/h and when the system is not energised.
Your Autopark is safe, and it also paves the way for FSD turning out of junctions. a max speed of 10kmh given.

5.6.1.1.1:
The system shall only operate until 10 km/h (+2 km/h tolerance)
This is regarding entirely autonomous operation. Again, Autopark is fine.

5.1.6.1.3:
The steering control effort necessary to override the directional control provided by the system shall not exceed 50 N in the whole range of CSF operations.
5.6.2.1.3:
The system shall be designed so that excessive intervention of steering control is suppressed to ensure the steering operability by the driver and to avoid unexpected vehicle behaviour, during its operation. To ensure this, the following requirements shall be fulfilled: (a) The steering control effort necessary to override the directional control provided by the system shall not exceed 50 N; (b) The specified maximum lateral acceleration aysmax shall be within the limits as defined in the following table:
These are the angle-limiting bits, I believe. Essentially it's to prevent understeer conditions, by preferring to slow the car instead of applying more angle... will be interesting to see the effect on everyday driving. Perhaps a friendly Tesla owner will take a video of the difference?

My summon never works alwasy crapping out the connection maybe BT will be more stable.

Agreed with the back peddling of AP due to new legislation, whoever have FSD in the UK and thinks they will get use of ti anytime soon needs to think again :( at this rate i can see AP becoming hobbled into something next to useless....

Don't you just hate it when politicians make rules about stuff they know nothing about :p

My car is again in the SC for god knowns how long, i hope they dont install this update, i'd like to hang back and see what it does before i install.