Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disney+ Removal Exemplifies a growing problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny you're still banging this drum. As has been pointed out, the software wasn't removed. I've updated my car too, and I've never used that software once, but the icon is still there even today. So I guess since this idea fits the narrative in your mind you want to believe about Musk, you'll keep repeating the lie anyway. Sad. Reminds me of another on this board.

At the time I posted this thread, word was the app was removed/hidden. Sure- that specific case has become a non-issue since then. However, discussing the concept and concern of this ideal is not an issue. You don’t have to continue to participate in the conversation.

This argument is ridiculous prima facie. He owns a controlling interest in the company, and therefore he gets to decide within the legal boundaries. You own your dollars. You both have decisions to make. Your argument about what should be allowed is rather irrelevant. In this case, however, the decision was not to front-up Disney. If you want it, it's still there. As a non-Disney user (and non-Spotify for that matter) I'm rather pleased with these decisions.
In Tesla? He does not own 50+% of the company (controlling interest).

It's only there if you know to look on a forum like this (some may not) or do an internet search. Yes, I know that's simple but not everyone is even that tech savvy. I just got my car and the icon wasn't there but I knew to look. You'd think 'open Disney plus' with voice command and signing in would add it back. But not, only the trick above by using the browser does it. Really juvenile move there by an adult running a large company.

Funny you're still banging this drum. As has been pointed out, the software wasn't removed. I've updated my car too, and I've never used that software once, but the icon is still there even today. So I guess since this idea fits the narrative in your mind you want to believe about Musk, you'll keep repeating the lie anyway. Sad. Reminds me of another on this board.
You're wrong. The icon was completely missing for me. Yes, the software is there if you know what to do but that's an odd move for such a large company to make. Let's hope Google doesn't criticize Elon ever.

Last edited:
You're wrong. The icon was completely missing for me.
Word is:
  1. If you've never used it, the Disney icon disappears.
  2. If one attempts to use it (i.e., searching for Disney on the web; forget exactly what it was I did, but I did it) it comes back and stays back.
So, it may have been Elon messing with things; or some SW engineer who tapped X when Y should have been hit.

Reactions: dsm363
Word is:
  1. If you've never used it, the Disney icon disappears.
  2. If one attempts to use it (i.e., searching for Disney on the web; forget exactly what it was I did, but I did it) it comes back and stays back.
So, it may have been Elon messing with things; or some SW engineer who tapped X when Y should have been hit.
I never used it because I had a 2012 car before. I couldn't use it (in a Tesla) even though I have used the Disney app on other devices before. That's not the point. The icon should be there by default, not 'if I had used it before'. I had never used Apple Music before in a Tesla or Spotify...etc. Or at least an 'other' section where you can drag it back. Using voice command to launch app doesn't even add it back. You have to know to use the browser to add it back. All because of a childish response to an advertiser criticizing a completely different company that happens to have the same CEO.

There has been more than enough press on this. If this were a simple bug, it would have been fixed by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: terranx