Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hang tight! I expect you'll get a VIN within days. On the Teslike tracker, there was another MA order one day before mine that got VIN one day before me:

Too many to go through. I never entered my info and I see others that ordered before and after me that got VINs pretty darn quick albeit different builds.

Reactions: groenqueen
Too many to go through. I never entered my info and I see others that ordered before and after me that got VINs pretty darn quick albeit different builds.
Yeah I don't think the tracker is all that helpful from an individual perspective. Too many people Initially fill it out, then never update it, or you end up just seeing bunch of people who took Inventory option which in my opinion throws off the estimations.

I think its only helpful to once people have entered in Order date, Vin Date, and Deliver date to know help towards knowing overall averages.

I am paying cash, so unfortunately can't see an updated price yet. PDF generated on the web still shows the old price. But sounds like from others' experiences and what the SA said this will get sorted out... probably some long-running cron job and I'm just at the end of the queue :)
Interesting. I went to the Financing tab -> View:
Model Y - $39,990.00
Options...
Performance All-Wheel Drive - $14,000.00
more options, breakdown and updated amount due.

I am paying cash, so unfortunately can't see an updated price yet. PDF generated on the web still shows the old price. But sounds like from others' experiences and what the SA said this will get sorted out... probably some long-running cron job and I'm just at the end of the queue :)
I got an email, and the PDF shows updated price. Also when I look in the app at the financing section (cash) it shows the updated price too. The long running cron job sounds about right though. I saw some people said it updated on the app for them but not in the email.

Got the price reduction and a VIN all in one morning. 😊

MYP | Black Ext | Black Int | 21" | No Tow | No FSD
📍San Antonio

OD: 3/11
EDD: Mar - Apr 2023
EDD2: April 19 - May 24 (3/20)
EDD3: April 19 - May 3 (4/11)
VIN & $3k Reduction: (4/19)
EDD3: April 29 - May 8 (4/19)

The VIN came first. And where the EDD normally appears in the app, it said this with a "My Account" button underneath:

⚠️ Tesla is making changes that impact your order. Review details in your Tesla Account before proceeding.

When clicking through to my account, it takes me directly to the message below with a prompt underneath that to "Proceed with Delivery". When I clicked that essentially accepting the Tesla Vision message, and the app then gave me a new EDD (above):

Tesla Vision
We have taken the next step in Tesla vision. Your vehicle now fully relies on camera vision to measure distance to nearby objects, deliver active safety features, and provide Autopilot and Full-Self Driving capability. This new approach will enable improved visibility, better object detection, and greater abilities for Autopilot in the future. With this move, your Model Y is no longer equipped with ultrasonic sensors, which will temporarily impact the availability of some features like Park Assist, Autopark, Summon and Smart Summon. In the future, these features will be restored via over-the-air software updates.

Landing soon..
Done and done!!

beewang

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230419-095959.png
    Screenshot_20230419-095959.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 120