Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody used the ACH transfer in the app to make their final payment, or is the preference for a bank or certified check to be presented at delivery?
I'm planning to use the app to do an ACH transfer through Plaid from a savings account. I called my bank to check that there wouldn't be any hiccup, they said no problem on their end, hope that's true. I already linked to the account through Plaid, but I don't plan to send the payment until after I've decided that I'll accept the car.

In a year or so and after its price goes back up, I plan to trade it in for a better car knowing that in theory I won't lose much money on it if any.
I admire that confidence. I only convinced myself to buy it after seriously considering this question: "If this car became worthless within the next few years as early-adopter fees further evaporate and displacing technologies make it obsolete and undesirable, would I be okay with the price I paid just to drive it?" If the answer was no, I would have gone with something else.

I picked up MY LR today at Springfield NJ location and I had fantastic experience. I highly recommend Springfield NJ location.

I was able to check car inside and outside. Also able to drive a short trip before doing paperwork. First time in life car dealer did not check my patience while purchasing car. lol

Car is Austin build and 99% in good shape. Found some minor issues

1- front both headlight has gap with body panel
2 - small minor scratches on passenger side.

It’s an Austin TX build car and got cargo cover, charger adapter, front tag holder. Regular headlight (matrix light was not deal breaker for me). I think, front and rear bumper has PPF installed. No mud flap.

Good luck with your order guys !!!

Attachments

• E5020048-3EEE-4418-9B66-BBB07CD489DF.jpeg
    E5020048-3EEE-4418-9B66-BBB07CD489DF.jpeg
    792.2 KB · Views: 101
  • B8BABD8C-16F1-4504-9EA4-62EB73F60E8A.jpeg
    B8BABD8C-16F1-4504-9EA4-62EB73F60E8A.jpeg
    857.8 KB · Views: 65
I picked up MY LR today at Springfield NJ location and I had fantastic experience. I highly recommend Springfield NJ location.

I was able to check car inside and outside. Also able to drive a short trip before doing paperwork. First time in life car dealer did not check my patience while purchasing car. lol

It’s an Austin TX build car and got cargo cover, charger adapter, front tag holder. Regular headlight (matrix light was not deal breaker for me). I think, front and rear bumper has PPF installed. No mud flap.

Congratulations

Reactions: CP4966

Thanks for sharing! Beautiful car

Reactions: CP4966
I am in a similar situation, but not holding my breath either because it's been more than a day for me (and it sounds like even a lot longer for you) and in majority of the cases that I have read on this forum before, VIN assignment happened in a matter of hours (and not days) after EDD was reset back to default/vague one.

Who knows though, a major delivery delay at this point might not be a bad thing if HW4 is coming soon (although highly unlikely within the next month or two, despite what others are saying about upcoming Mar 1 announcement), and/or if all Model Ys still qualify for full tax credit even after March (this one I think is a good possibility because of how battery sourcing manufacturing rules in IRA apply).

Besides, Model Y now qualifies for CA rebate again~! So, you and I will get $2000 CA rebate on top of fed tax rebate. Just trying to stay positive here.... :)
I just saw the CA rebate too. Would be pretty nice to get $13k discount + $7500 + $2000!

Reactions: sdq_11
I got my VIN 16Feb at 11:25 pm EST! Yes I was checking my app every 20-30 mins all day.
MYLR,5Seat,Blue,Black,19" wheels
OD 16Jan at 6 pm EST
EDD1: 12Feb-19Mar
EDD2 updated 11Feb: 19Feb-19Mar
EDD3 and VIN 16Feb: 03Mar-11Mar
Will most likely take delivery at Devon, PA
VIN PF68
Is there a list where people post VIN numbers they rejected? I’m curious why I have a Fremont VIN when other people with similar specs are getting Austin builds.

Well, it will not depreciate as quickly as a new gas car over the next 5 years ...
You sure? The used ICE vehicle market is pretty stable. Existing EV values could easily be diminished if a substantially improved battery technology were to come to market in that time. I think anyone who is counting on the current-generation EVs holding their value could be setting themselves up for disappointment. I'm looking forward to EVs continuing to become better and more affordable.

What day did it update to Mar-May? Is it just Mar-May or specific dates? I have seen many times in the past that the EDD goes to the vague month dates (usually corresponding to the new order range) shortly before the VIN is assigned. I think usually people get their VIN within 24hrs of that happening when that is the cause. So that is an optimistic view of your situation as I've seen it happen many times before.
@tsnorcal... same here. On Jan 20 EDD 10-day window slipped day by day for ~25 days. Then I was inside the 10 day window by 5 days and suddenly the EDD changed to Mar-May2023 on ~Feb 12. OD is Jan 13.

I am in a similar situation, but not holding my breath either because it's been more than a day for me (and it sounds like even a lot longer for you) and in majority of the cases that I have read on this forum before, VIN assignment happened in a matter of hours (and not days) after EDD was reset back to default/vague one.

Who knows though, a major delivery delay at this point might not be a bad thing if HW4 is coming soon (although highly unlikely within the next month or two, despite what others are saying about upcoming Mar 1 announcement), and/or if all Model Ys still qualify for full tax credit even after March (this one I think is a good possibility because of how battery sourcing manufacturing rules in IRA apply).

Besides, Model Y now qualifies for CA rebate again~! So, you and I will get $2000 CA rebate on top of fed tax rebate. Just trying to stay positive here.... :)
It's good to know I'm not alone. I was worried that my order was getting lower priority because I didn't complete the delivery profile immediately. Fortunately we don't need the car right away ... just that it would be nice to get the full federal tax credit :)

Reactions: erktrek
I would like to conduct some research (out of curiosity).

For those who ordered after 1/19, what caused you to delay ordering soon after the 1/13 price decrease ?
MYLR White/Black 20 inch wheel.
OD 1/20
I had a Kia EV6 on order since May 2022 with no idea when I would get a car. I hadn't considered Model Y till the price dropped due to the price difference. 1/15 I scheduled demo drive for 1/27. 1/20 decided to go to showroom and look at the car. Went home and placed the order 1/20 at 8pm CST, did the demo drive on 1/27. EDD 3/4-3/31. Got my VIN and schedule delivery on 2/14. With everything I am reading I assume my car is one that someone didn't take delivery of. I am picking up my car today.

Last edited:
I am officially not worried about the tax credit after todays news that Tesla is helping open their chargers to other brands. Last thing the government wants to do is piss off Tesla and have them remove this partnership they just created. Don’t freak out. Everyone will be fine.

I admire that confidence. I only convinced myself to buy it after seriously considering this question: "If this car became worthless within the next few years as early-adopter fees further evaporate and displacing technologies make it obsolete and undesirable, would I be okay with the price I paid just to drive it?" If the answer was no, I would have gone with something else.
Exactly I treat cars as depreciating thing (not asset) that I need and enjoy. My assessment was it's the best car for 53K (58k with taxes for me) currently in the market for my needs.
Would I have bought it for 65k+taxes probably no, for 75k definitely no.