Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is like a game

MYLR, WHITE/WHITE/19”
OD: 1/15
EDD: Feb 2 - March 2
EDD(updated on Feb 3): Feb 9 - Feb 23
EDD(updated on Feb 9): Feb 16 - March 2

No VIN :////

So I’m thinking on Feb 16, it’s going to change the date again?
It’s like very depressing
Yeah!!! I got my VIN assigned this morning at 7am (2/15) and the new EDD now is 2/17-2/23
VIN shows PF, so I guess it was Fremont built?
Asking for insurance now but no delivery schedule option yet. I think the Tesla insurance is kinda high to me.
Also a quick question, how long does it take for Tesla to upload the motor vehicle purchase agreement? I don’t see this document yet…

Reactions: erktrek
Picked up the car today in Houston at the hempstead location. After going through all the stories on here about other people's issues, I was very nervous. But the car turned out great, thankfully. I couldnt inspect the inside until i accepted delivery and unlocked it via the app. It was around 1pm and was basically the only one there so that was nice. I was originally going to put color PPF on the car but the white paint looks beautiful in person so I'm second guessing it.

OD was 1/18 so it took a little under a month.

dang. that's the same OD as me and i'm in houston too.

still have no vin

edd is 2/18 - 3/18

Tesla does not automatically come with a built-in garage opener - also known as Homelink. It is a huge bummer, but many people have some clever solutions for their garage openers or just eat the $350 for convenience.
I'm thinking this clever solutions will work ;-) Is there any reason why this remote does not work inside a Tesla?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 8.34.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 8.34.37 AM.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 89
The one thing that might prevent that is Tesla will charge a very high price compared to other CCS/Chademo. I'm not even sure a Leaf using Chademo would ever be supported on Tesla SC??

I know from watching Bjorn's videos out of Norway that the Tesla SCs don't see a lot of action from non-Teslas as they charge more. But in Norway CCS is abundant and much more reliable. In the US people may be willing to pay the extra just for reliability and being able to get on with their roadtrip in a timely fashion. If I was only doing a few roadtrips per year I'd certainly pay the Tesla premium to make it smooth sailing.

Hopefully all the people with free EA charging will stick to hogging the EA chargers, leaving their cars to charge to 100% and then leaving them idle for hours on end while EA refuses to actually charge any idle fees because their processing system is so messed up that if they did they'd end up mistakingly charging a lot of people. CCS cars using EA sometimes report that the EA app thinks they are still plugged in 24hrs after they unplugged....like WTF??

One other thing is that in other countries where Tesla has opened up the SC network they only open sites selectively based on demand. So any sites that are routinely busy won't get opened for non-Teslas. I would also assume if Tesla does open up a site and after a few months the site is always full with CCS cars they may close that site to CCS (that is just speculation, haven't read about them doing that in other countries yet).

Yo!
Just was browsing the optional accessoriies for the Model Y. For the garage door opener it says arournd $350+ for this. I am a newbie, but is there not a program button for garage door openers that most cars come installed to sync with the door openers?
yes there is HOMELINK is a trademark which owns the rights. apparently Tesla stopped paying Homelink for the right to install and use its platform so now we have to pay that by paying $350 to use it. Unless you buy the S or X which still comes with it.

Asking for insurance now but no delivery schedule option yet. I think the Tesla insurance is kinda high to me.
How long does it take for Tesla to upload the motor vehicle purchase agreement? I don’t see this document yet…
In most states, you can put in your insurance info for your current policy/vehicles, you don't necessarily have to have a policy for the Tesla yet. It isn't so much to see if you have the Tesla insured as it is to see that you are insurable.

If all of your financial details are filled in already, you should get the MVPA immediately. I think you need to login via a computer or tap "Manage" in the app, then sign in through the browser and find the "Documents" section under "Your Model Y". If the MVPA doesn't show up there after you've put in all of your bank's information, you should call Tesla customer service. When I bought a Model Y from inventory, my MVPA was 'stuck' in their system for some reason, but the customer service rep was able to email it to me. I called in the evening, and it took more than 45 minutes on hold to talk to someone, I just kept my phone sitting nearby on speakerphone while I did other things. I ended up rejecting that VIN due to a badly damaged rear hatch. When I got my VIN for my custom order, the MVPA showed up immediately just like my SA said it would.

OD:1/20/23
EDD:Jan-march
EDD2: March 15-30
Got lucky and felt like calling my SA to see if they had any updates on 2/13/23. She said expected end of March, but she’s willing to keep an eye out to see if she could match an inventory car to my build. One hour later she called me back saying she found one that had no name assigned to it that was on a train in its way to our area. So I got my vin right then and there and it’s a Fremont build. Applied for Armco CU and went through membership process. All approved within two days. Should be taking delivery by next week!!!

she’s willing to keep an eye out to see if she could match an inventory car to my build. One hour later she called me back saying she found one
This is a rare occurrence

Reactions: erktrek and hp1234