Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did test drive the Model X and quite honestly didn't feel that it is worth the asking price. Never been in a Model Y before but on paper it appears to be the most sensible option to me, certainly a great deal for those who qualify for the Tax Credit. I may reconsider the Model X again in the future only if they work on their cabin quality more but until then, not worth it for me.
Oh I missed the joke that you ordered a primo trim! Yeah I agree I think the Y is in the sweet spot. Enjoy!

So stressful! I’ve been checking the value every week, and it’s been going down by $100 each week until this week. It went down by $600. I just wanted to sell it beforehand to use the $30k as a down payment.
Carvana right? I noticed the opposite, lately their offer has been higher recently, more than a month ago when I first requested an offer. Maybe it varies based on the make\model.

Noticed the same with the other sites, carmax and cargurus.

Do SA get to see different delivery dates than what we see in the app?

I still see 5 week windows in the app but in a random call to SA, I was provided a single date that’s in that 5 week range and I was told that’s what they see in the system. Just wanted to check if anyone else experienced this and is that date reliable?
The first time I contacted a SA they told me they saw a date for my car of 2/28, but the next 2 SAs didn’t see anything. 2/28 is in my EDD range of 2/19-3/19. I’m out of country 3/10-19 though, so hoping it moves up some. OD was 1/17 for B/B/19” no tow.

Question - if you find issues with your Tesla within that 100 mile window, do you still go to Service to request in the Tesla App?

Their earliest appt is not until March 3rd, so do I have to leave my car parked for the next 2-3 weeks? If I drive it, it'd definitely go over 100 miles. Does it auto log your mileage at the time of requesting Service?

Kinda bummed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3YMimi73
Oh yeah, I was actually wondering this but didn't have the knowledge, so your explanation makes perfect sense. That would explain why it wasn't easy to rub off.

Damn, makes me wonder if the migration of the stuff left a "leak" that could explain the wind noise. My wife said it felt like it was in the front of the passenger window but she could not pinpoint it while driving. I'll definitely be sure to message Tesla. I don't wanna 1-up the guy who had his steering wheel fall off by having my windshield fall off haha.

Thank you, this was VERY helpful.

True. Most of my issues with the purchase were actually related to strict protocols from Tesla vs the credit union. After many, many emails, phone calls, and coordinating, but eventually we made it work.

I ordered the MYLR while at work, my delivery took about 20-30mins wait, 10mins paperwork, 20-30mins inspection and readjustment before driving off the lot. This would not be possible with traditional companies. Spent like 4+ hours just picking up my Camry in 2009, and to "sign paperwork" with Honda in 2018 took half the day.

Toyota in NC is beyond ridic right now. I initially waited a RAV4, but the add-ons and upcharges were total of $2-3k for a NON-hybrid. Hybrids and PHEV were much worse, and with insane wait times. Honda had some dealers with markup, others were actually giving MSRP on the CRV 2023. I put a $1k deposit in early December with sales rep telling me 2-3 mos or earlier. Its now mid-Feb and not a single update. My wife is going to get our deposit back next week lol.

Yup, reading 455dan's comment above, I think it all makes sense. I better leave it to Tesla to fix this one. Thanks for the advice.
" She said driving above 45mph she could hear outside noise on the front passenger side. Maybe not fully sealed?"
Just watched a vid by smallindiana (he started the white/white MY waiting room IIANM and just posted a video after taking delivery ) with the same symptom that your wife described . Seems it is likely just the window calibration.
here is the vid where he mentions it.

Last edited:
Question - if you find issues with your Tesla within that 100 mile window, do you still go to Service to request in the Tesla App?

Their earliest appt is not until March 3rd, so do I have to leave my car parked for the next 2-3 weeks? If I drive it, it'd definitely go over 100 miles. Does it auto log your mileage at the time of requesting Service?

Kinda bummed.
I believe that you are a-okay if you enter the issues within the 100 mile window, through the service to request in the Tesla app. You can keep driving it after the 100 miles! Please correct me if I'm wrong though

Reactions: EpicNguyen

Kinda bummed.
As long as you request the service through the app within 100 miles, you’re fine. It will have you upload pictures and or/ videos.

I was in the same situation. I requested service immediately after pick up for a scratch I noticed in the door. First available body shop appointment wasn’t for 2 months. I showed up to my appointment with about 3000 miles and they took care of it no questions asked.

How many days you have to wait after ordering received your EDD? I placed my MYP on 2/10, so far still no EDD date range, just Feb - March 2023
First, be sure that you complete the registration info. After that Tesla will find the next available slot that fits your order and destination. I don't think anyone can predict when you'll be matched and an updated EDD given, especially given the recent increase in MYP orders.

First, be sure that you complete the registration info. After that Tesla will find the next available slot that fits your order and destination. I don't think anyone can predict when you'll be matched and an updated EDD given, especially given the recent increase in MYP orders.
I completed the registration and financing pre-delivery tasks immediately after I placed the order.

Reactions: ev4robert
I completed the registration and financing pre-delivery tasks immediately after I placed the order.
The financing will probably expire before you get the car.

I did the same thing, finished financing and was processing trade-in. Then after some texting to allow me to change my order, I was told to wait to do any trade-in or financing because of the car would take longer than the approvals would be valid for.

Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
(2/11) EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21

Is it common to move back to an EDD of a month after it's reduced to two weeks? I'm kinda bummed and I can also miss the full tax credit if it's delivered late in March.

I texted my SA and the response was a common one.

Last edited:
Model Y Long Range (Midnight Silver Metallic Paint, White Interior)
OD: Jan 17th @ 8PM
EDD: Feb 7 - Mar 7
EDD: Feb 10 - Feb 24
(2/11) EDD: Feb 21 - Mar 21

Is it common to move back to an EDD of a month after it's reduced to two weeks? I'm kinda bummed and I can also miss the full tax credit if it's delivered late in March.

I texted my SA and the response was a common one.
Can't trust EDDs until VIN is assigned

Reactions: YisPatHere