Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different driver and passenger seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model S with Ultra White seats.

My driver's seat feels noticeably firmer than the front passenger seat. Is this common? Intended? Defect?

Before anyone asks....yes, I have tested each seat in the exact same position, including lumbar. The passenger seat just feels softer and more supple and naturally comfortable to me... Meanwhile I've had a bit of a delay getting comfortable in my driver's seat.

I know there has been an evolution of the Model S seat configurations, designs, modifications, complaints, etc.

Just trying to figure out if I should present this issue for service?

As finicky as it might sound, the seats are my biggest complaint on this car. My 2/2017 build has worse quality but same/similar color as my father in law's 11/2016 build.

His seats are smoother, softer, and more tightly fitted to the seat, while mine are coarser and quickly developed creases/wrinkles. A buddy of mine has the ultra white seats and they look and feel a lot better than my tan ones FWIW.

I had my drivers seat bottom replaced about a month ago. It's a little better but I think I'm stuck with crappy seats. The ultra whites should be better, though. It's probably worth bringing it to the SC's attention.