Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did they remove the ability to make a service appointment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was poking around Tesla's site today and noticed the redesign of the account page. I can't say I love it but it at least makes things simple I suppose (though it shows my car as a blue front fascia redesign when it's a black-nosecone but whatever).

One thing I noticed was that instead of the ability to schedule a service appointment, there's just a button to "request help". When clicking this it just seems to have a variety of customer support options and FAQs (none of them are as specific as "schedule a service visit".

I figured this must just live in the app now, so I open my app and "Schedule Service" is gone from the options (used to be at the bottom underneath "Location").

Apologies if this has already been asked, but has this option moved somewhere? Or does everything have to go through online customer support now?

I just went into my account, and a 'Schedule Service' button is there. And I scheduled repair service easily. I like the redesign, where now all my purchase documentation and pricing etc is not displayed by merely clicking on the my page account, but under a 'view details' information button. But what is now missing for me is there is no longer a button or ability to purchase the extended warranty that had always been there.

Their website is messed up at the moment, in the "Manage" section for my car here are the options listed, many are missing, warranty info isn't right, and there is one "WTF" line.
Exterior
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
21" Grey Turbine Wheels

Interior
Premium Upgrades Package

Options
No Battery Performance (wtf?)
Autopilot with convenience features

Supercharging Status
Learn More
Free Unlimited Supercharging

Warranty
Learn More
Battery and Drive Unit
8 years

New Vehicle Limited Warranty
4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first (should be a Used 4/50 warranty)

I was poking around Tesla's site today and noticed the redesign of the account page. I can't say I love it but it at least makes things simple I suppose (though it shows my car as a blue front fascia redesign when it's a black-nosecone but whatever).

One thing I noticed was that instead of the ability to schedule a service appointment, there's just a button to "request help". When clicking this it just seems to have a variety of customer support options and FAQs (none of them are as specific as "schedule a service visit".

I figured this must just live in the app now, so I open my app and "Schedule Service" is gone from the options (used to be at the bottom underneath "Location").

Apologies if this has already been asked, but has this option moved somewhere? Or does everything have to go through online customer support now?

Yup, Driver door won't open and I have no ability to make an appointment for service, nearest SC is 100 miles away...love it Tesla, way to go!

Web site says use your app, or as you said, use the request help feature. Which I did and subsequently the web site came back with 'use your app to schedule an appointment' - too funny. Also my with-in my Tesla.com account I cannot schedule an appointment. The SC said they only had one tech on site and he can't help. The Phone Service auto-attendant said for appointments press 5 (or some number) which then says '...use the app to schedule service'. ....If it weren't soo dam sad a state of business, I'd be laughing.

Suggestions on how to schedule an appointment?
Dzm

• Informative
Reactions: erik_k
To streamline operations, Tesla is removing the ability to schedule service. This follows their removal of direct phone lines and voicemail at service centers.

A little known secret project at Tesla's skunk works is to use computer artificial intelligence to brain symbiosis to develop a way to sell a car and then become absolutely invisible to the buyer until they want to buy a new one. This ability to sell a car and then pretend the car and buyer no longer exist has been the Holy Grail of the car industry since the first one rolled off the line and Tesla may actually achieve it.

Last edited:
Yup, Driver door won't open and I have no ability to make an appointment for service, nearest SC is 100 miles away...love it Tesla, way to go!

Web site says use your app, or as you said, use the request help feature. Which I did and subsequently the web site came back with 'use your app to schedule an appointment' - too funny. Also my with-in my Tesla.com account I cannot schedule an appointment. The SC said they only had one tech on site and he can't help. The Phone Service auto-attendant said for appointments press 5 (or some number) which then says '...use the app to schedule service'. ....If it weren't soo dam sad a state of business, I'd be laughing.

Suggestions on how to schedule an appointment?
Dzm

I think the only way now is to schedule roadside assistance... They would be able to get you through to the SC I assume.

Anything that doesn't require roadside assistance is wear and tear and therefore does not require service. Good on Tesla for removing the service appointments! Bravo! The bastion of automotive disruption!

• Funny
Reactions: electricar
I think the only way now is to schedule roadside assistance... They would be able to get you through to the SC I assume.

Anything that doesn't require roadside assistance is wear and tear and therefore does not require service. Good on Tesla for removing the service appointments! Bravo! The bastion of automotive disruption!

Nope road side assistance said since I can open the passenger door, I don't qualify for road side assistance...contact the SC 100 miles away. It's awesome that my wife has to climb over the center console to get into the driver's seat...

We just had a new gen 3 handle installed about 3 weeks ago. Before the new handle was installed the road warrior said to tie a string around the inside handle and run it into the drivers side rear seat area. Then just use the string to open the front door by opening the back door first and pulling the string...he was nice but man what the hell Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: GreenT
Nope road side assistance said since I can open the passenger door, I don't qualify for road side assistance...contact the SC 100 miles away. It's awesome that my wife has to climb over the center console to get into the driver's seat...

We just had a new gen 3 handle installed about 3 weeks ago. Before the new handle was installed the road warrior said to tie a string around the inside handle and run it into the drivers side rear seat area. Then just use the string to open the front door by opening the back door first and pulling the string...he was nice but man what the hell Tesla.

See, more signs of innovation and disruption by Tesla. What other car manufacturers roadside support would tell you to fix a string around a door handle?

This car pretty much fixes itself.