Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Telsa Mobile Connector come with NEMA 14-50 adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model Y in mid-2021, so it came with a mobile connector. I'm considering installing a NEMA 14-50 outlet at my home, but I couldn't find the NEMA 14-50 adapter for the mobile connector. I recall when I opened the bag there were 2 adapters and I have been using the 120v one for 2 years. Did it come with 2 adapters or just one?

I got my Model Y in mid-2021, so it came with a mobile connector. I'm considering installing a NEMA 14-50 outlet at my home, but I couldn't find the NEMA 14-50 adapter for the mobile connector. I recall when I opened the bag there were 2 adapters and I have been using the 120v one for 2 years. Did it come with 2 adapters or just one?
It changed at some point. For a while, Tesla only shipped the Mobile Connector with one adapter, the 120V NEMA 5-15.

Now, of course, it doesn't come with a Mobile Connector at all.

My March 2022 Model Y LR was late in the period when a Mobile Connector was included with purchase. At that time it came with only the 5-15.

By the time I ordered a model 3 which was eventually built in November 2022 no Mobile Connector was included. I ordered one while ordering the card, tnad that one did indeed come with both 5-15 and 14-50.

What I own and always recommend:

1690828894971.png

Summer 2022 they added rhe 14-50

Reactions: heymull
For anyone looking to purchase the mobile connector directly from Tesla currently selling for $230,
consider checking local sale sources such as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and Offer Up.
I just bought a brand new (never used) mobile connecter via Offer Up for $125.
The guy bought the connector before buying his Tesla then changed his mind and bought a Toyota Ariya.
He was just looking to get rid of it and I was lucky enough to come across it last week.

Anyone trading in an older Tesla for new; was told to keep the mobile charger and that there is no need to turn in with the trade-in even if it came with the car. I'm trading in a 2013 Model S P85+ for a 2023 Model Y AWD and am keeping the original mobile charger. If the SAE J1772 adapter isn't included with the newer car, am keeping that too.