Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination chargers - Minneapolis, MN - France Ave S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Unsure if this is Superchargers but there some things that point to being Superchargers. Particularly a file attached to the dig ticket is called "Tesla Chargers" but only has 4 stalls and has no other identifying information. The image does look done in the same fashion as other site plans. The dig tickets indicate that this site may be under construction.

So I'm unsure if this is a open or private, but still posting, hoping someone local can scope it out.

https://www.searchandstatus.com/mn...B/wEBmEebq/8ZyyaXyRx+gliCTscnOAvZ8NyeLrJfV6i9
https://www.searchandstatus.com/mn...wHgEBmEebq/8ZyyaXyRx+gliCTscnOAvZ8NyeLrJfV6i9

Attachments

• 1699623597215.png
    1699623597215.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 1699640318726.png
    1699640318726.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 35
Is Tesla still doing the smaller "urban chargers"? A 4-stall super charger installation would be pretty rare. Another option could be simple Tesla destination chargers and some confusion on the "Work Being Done For" section of the dig ticket. The dig ticket also references the existing transformer.

Time will tell, I guess...

Reactions: starman27
Is Tesla still doing the smaller "urban chargers"? A 4-stall super charger installation would be pretty rare. Another option could be simple Tesla destination chargers and some confusion on the "Work Being Done For" section of the dig ticket. The dig ticket also references the existing transformer.

The last urban charger opened on 3/30/2021 in Bellevue, WA. Only seven urban chargers have opened since 2020.

1699667187057.png

Attachments

• 1699667098671.png
    1699667098671.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 32

4 stall is rare, but there is at least 1 4-stall Supercharger in Minnesota.

Destination chargers for a hospital parking garage would make more sense, but I'd feel like they might do 6 instead of 4 with Tesla's destination charging plan.

Reactions: Cyberjr
Unless we see actual plans. 4 seems like Hotel like destination charging units as others have said. Will have to check it out this weekend. This location which is off the very busy hwy 62 and SouthDale shopping area is a prime location for chargers. Fun Fact. This mall was the 1st enclosed Mall in the United States and is a huge shopping area with lot of urban residential and dining.

Reactions: kingzorb
4 stall is rare, but there is at least 1 4-stall Supercharger in Minnesota.

Destination chargers for a hospital parking garage would make more sense, but I'd feel like they might do 6 instead of 4 with Tesla's destination charging plan.
Duluth (4 stall) was 2015. I can’t really believe Tesla would put in a 4 stall supercharger these days, except at service centers, or maybe in some very special circumstances.

Duluth (4 stall) was 2015. I can’t really believe Tesla would put in a 4 stall supercharger these days, except at service centers, or maybe in some very special circumstances.
I was thinking that one had opened with 4 stalls more recently, but it must have been 8 in the end.

It seem they've only done 4 stall locations recently in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Stumbled on this after posting a new thread. It is odd that it doesn’t match the drawing attached to the dig ticket which clearly indicates 4 V3 posts and 1 cabinet. The drawing also shows 3 pairs of columns bracketing the 4 stalls. Looks like there are 6 stalls in the back between columns and 4 in the foreground which doesn’t match the column spacing in the drawing.

Also, there doesn’t appear to be any digging needed for these as the conduit is all on the walls.

Admittedly, I didn't check the other floors of the garage after I saw that wall of destination chargers. Maybe there are superchargers being installed on higher floors, but I have my doubts.
Could you check the other floors and maybe snap a pic of the outside of the garage near the back of your posted Picture? You can see some electrical wrapping outside so might give a clue if there were other chargers elsewhere. Also, can you see if the chargers pictured are the new Gen 3 with magic dock?

thanks!

Could you check the other floors and maybe snap a pic of the outside of the garage near the back of your posted Picture? You can see some electrical wrapping outside so might give a clue if there were other chargers elsewhere. Also, can you see if the chargers pictured are the new Gen 3 with magic dock?
I drove through the whole ramp today, and all I could see was the destination chargers. There didn't seem to be any other construction happening, nor did I see signs of any other Tesla equipment. I didn't get a picture of the outside of the garage on the east side, but at a glance there was no external conduit. I didn't see any conduit big enough to support a supercharger anywhere in the ramp, either.

I missed your request to check out the plugs on the destination chargers until just now, sorry.

• Informative
Reactions: corywright
I drove through the whole ramp today, and all I could see was the destination chargers. There didn't seem to be any other construction happening, nor did I see signs of any other Tesla equipment. I didn't get a picture of the outside of the garage on the east side, but at a glance there was no external conduit. I didn't see any conduit big enough to support a supercharger anywhere in the ramp, either.

I missed your request to check out the plugs on the destination chargers until just now, sorry.
No problem, thanks for checking. Maybe another time you can give it more of a look. Is it 10 chargers total?