Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery process paint questions.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is Tesla with washing cars? I ask because I can do a great detail myself. Clean, decontaminate, correct, polish and coat myself. I usually tell Norma car companies to not touch my car and I’ll take it dirty.

Is Tesla any different? What are the odds of them messing up the paint before I get it if they do their Normal delivery prep.

Also, is there a checklist of things to look for? Like defects, missing items etc when I do my final inspection?

Picking my car up Saturday from Springfield, nj

They will definitely buff the car with a rotating buffer and create swirl marks. I thought about telling them not to detail it but I never followed through. I ended up paying a shop to do paint correction before applying the ceramic coating and they got the swirl marks out but I wish I had told Tesla not to detail the car and create the swirl marks in the first place.

Reactions: jbrady3324
How is Tesla with washing cars? I ask because I can do a great detail myself. Clean, decontaminate, correct, polish and coat myself. I usually tell Norma car companies to not touch my car and I’ll take it dirty.

Is Tesla any different? What are the odds of them messing up the paint before I get it if they do their Normal delivery prep.....
Asked and this is the answer I got from my store.
Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 6.31.38 PM.png