Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery moved UP a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my guess at the reasons for this. Tesla stopped production to refit the line for the Model X and increase production numbers (S & X) to an eventual 1000 cars per week. That shutdown occurred and Tesla pushed out delivery statements to late October to cover themselves. Tesla couldn't know how long it would take to bring production up to the speed they were used to. The other thing they couldn't anticipate is how quickly they could increase production beyond the pre-shutdown capacity. They've now had a couple weeks past the production line coming back up. Now Tesla can see where they are and where they are going and can crunch the numbers. Realistic delivery time frames can be given out and we see all the orders delivery times being adjusted to the new timetable.

That is my guess.

I confirmed my P85+ on 8/7. No vin, still says estimated for late october =( i guess i'm one of the unlucky ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I confirmed my P85+ on 8/7. No vin, still says estimated for late october =( i guess i'm one of the unlucky ones.

forgot to add that i'm also taking delivery in fremont. I'm not sure what delivery depends on, location and options dont seem to matter much.

Got a VIN (56107) on August 29th. My delivery date is now September 24th. Assuming they hit the date that'll be 45 days after confirmation. I'm pretty impressed.

:scared::scared::scared: i confirmed 7/9 got my vin probably about a month later.....i have a tentative date of 9/26......you're lucky... plus i had to fight to get my original color selection of Tiburon Grey:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Delivery recently changed to later date (8 days)

Does it seem odd that someone who orders on Aug 8 might get delivery September 30, when my order from ~June 15 is still scheduled for September 15? I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to work out the figures in my head. Unless they're doubling their production speed, I don't see how they could reasonably meet that kind of production increase. Unless there is merit to the shuffling things around to meet the end of quarter production. That's some pretty significant shuffling.
Ordered 6/18 and given delivery frame of late September. On 7/2, I was given a delivery date of 9/13, which I then changed to 9/20 because of a schedule conflict. On 9/3, I was notified of a new delivery date of 9/28 at Fremont. :confused:

Model S 85kWh | Silver | Grey Leather | Piano Black interior |Tech | Single Charger | Parking Sensors |Super Charger Enabled | 19 inch wheels ~ VIN 520xx

As foretold by the company, Summer of 2014 can loosely be translated as “no soup for you” United States when it comes to Model S deliveries. And true to their word, for August very, very few deliveries took place in the United States as Tesla focused on Asia. Not helping August sales was Tesla shutting down its Fremont assembly facility for two weeks in late July/early August in preparation for the upcoming Model X, and to expand Model S production by 25%.

Source: Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard

Confirmed September 7, Estimated Delivery Same Month

Mine seemed particularly quick. When I placed my order on 9/4/14, the estimated delivery date was November. But immediately after confirming on 9/7, it changed the estimated delivery to "Late September." I'm in Southern California and ordered a S85 Performance, Blue, Grey Leather, Black headliner, Pano, Tech, Parking Sensors, Dual Chargers and Ultra Sound. Can't wait to get it.

Mine seemed particularly quick. When I placed my order on 9/4/14, the estimated delivery date was November. But immediately after confirming on 9/7, it changed the estimated delivery to "Late September." I'm in Southern California and ordered a S85 Performance, Blue, Grey Leather, Black headliner, Pano, Tech, Parking Sensors, Dual Chargers and Ultra Sound. Can't wait to get it.

Holy moly!!!!! Wtf!?!?!? Ur lucky

Hi all, I thought this was interesting enough to be post-worthy, plus I'm really excited. :smile:

August 8th: Placed Order
August 9th: Confirmed (estimated delivery: Late October)
August 19th: Changed pick-up location to Fremont factory (estimated delivery: Late October)
August 28th: Estimated delivery changed to Late SEPTEMBER

Not sure why I'm so lucky when I'm hearing about everyone else having delivery delays. I'm trying not to get too excited, though - knowing these dates can change.

I confirmed before you (August 6th) and mine got pushed from Late October (with a Nov 1 scheduled delivery) to December.
Is yours a P85?

Thud it doesn't matter when u confirmed, production control is managing who gets built before whom based on location. Dude is getting a factory delivery, you live in Georgia, and they need to delivery as many cars as possible for Q3. That's how it works.

If being near the factory is important, they should consider waiving the delivery fee for those who would take delivery out the back door. This is a fee that dealerships charge across the country to handle payment of train and truck services. However, those who pick up at Fremont also pay the delivery fee. To be a differentiator versus the normal ICE dealerships, Tesla should consider waiving this fee for a factory pickup.

Where did you get this information from? If it's true then hypothetically a Georgia order is confirmed on 8/5 and an Oregon order for the same configuration as the Georgia order is confirmed on 8/20 -- the Oregon person might receive their car first even though they confirmed 15 days later?

Thud it doesn't matter when u confirmed, production control is managing who gets built before whom based on location. Dude is getting a factory delivery, you live in Georgia, and they need to delivery as many cars as possible for Q3. That's how it works.