Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Definitive OEM Tire Life Poll

How long did the OEM tires on your Model 3 last?

• Less than 25k miles and I drive like a speed demon (hard accels, hard stops, etc.)

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Less than 25k miles and I drive like a regular person

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • More than 25k miles and I drive like a speed demon (hard accels, hard stops, etc.)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • More than 25k miles and I drive like a regular person

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I'm lucky and I got 35k+ miles!

Votes: 14 11.6%
  • I haven't replaced my OEM tires yet but I wanted to vote anyways

Votes: 45 37.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A fair point as I forgot the model 3 performance comes with summer tires. However, I cannot edit the poll which I would be happy to do.

(moderator note)

I had not tried before but it looks like I can edit the poll for you (<--volunteer moderator for model 3 section of TMC). If you would like to add choices to your poll, PM them to me with exactly what you want and I will copy paste it into your poll

I don't believe most Tesla owners drive like a regular person. They may think they do... but...

I think this is the true reality.

I've had a few times where I drove my usual routes conservatively for energy savings and noticed I had never went around certain corners so slow even though that's the speed most others drivers do. At least for me, I default to accelerating and cornering a significant bit faster and it became the norm.

Reactions: android04
I think this is the true reality.

I've had a few times where I drove my usual routes conservatively for energy savings and noticed I had never went around certain corners so slow even though that's the speed most others drivers do. At least for me, I default to accelerating and cornering a significant bit faster and it became the norm.

the test is to put the car in chill mode and see if it feels any different when you drive to work/ store/etc.

Reactions: android04
I've heard of this possible "accommodation"... how does one do this? who to contact? what evidence is needed, etc. thx.
On the Michelin website you can submit a tread warranty claim through livechat. They'll give you a case number and local authorized dealers you can make an appointment with who'll measure your tread, miles, and submit to Michelin. I did this a few weeks ago but still haven't heard back though.

I got my new Michelins from Costco who isn't an authorized dealer but they said if they accept the warranty I can submit my Costco order and they'll still reimburse part of what I paid for the new tires.