Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dashcam video bucket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a good dash camera but everything I have seen is too big, I just want a tiny camera that I can stick behind my mirror and forget about.

I did a lot of search and find the rear mirror type looks ideal, something like this one, can be permanently mounted, very clean and covert and no need to worry the thieves when parked..

Any guys using one? or a reliable ebay seller recommended?

I can come play in your thread now that I have a dash camera ;>
too bad the card that came w/ my blackvue is junk & I lost my 'crash' footage + actually 5 lap race. sad panda
My blackvue seems to be burning up my Samsung cards somewhat. I've been losing some footage as well.

I really should pull artsci aside and have him craft me a fan or something mod for the camera. I saw someone posted about that on one of the camera forums but I'd like it done better than I would have the patience to do it myself.

My blackvue seems to be burning up my Samsung cards somewhat. I've been losing some footage as well.

I really should pull artsci aside and have him craft me a fan or something mod for the camera. I saw someone posted about that on one of the camera forums but I'd like it done better than I would have the patience to do it myself.

my problem is when copying files off the card it looses connection to my computer and corrupts the card files and they turn into some odd USB file w/ funky characters and no file type. Even just viewing files on the card can make this happen and they just disappear into e space somewhere. never had a card do that before ( I was using the PITAsoft card or whatever came w/ the cam. new card in mail today)

my problem is when copying files off the card it looses connection to my computer and corrupts the card files and they turn into some odd USB file w/ funky characters and no file type. Even just viewing files on the card can make this happen and they just disappear into e space somewhere. never had a card do that before ( I was using the PITAsoft card or whatever came w/ the cam. new card in mail today)
Never seen this problem on mine. I suspect your card has issues.

The issues I get are things like (a) wifi ftp transmit of files drops from like 1+MB/s to 70KB/s and (b) sometimes the cam stops recording more than 2-3 video files and when I put it in my PC I get prompted to repair the card and then it works fine afterwards.

The Blackview has a reputation for overheating and it's probably a problem I can't solve:)

Is there any dashcams on the horizon that break the barrier from more of kits with portly written directions, bad support and software?

don't know about these 'fat' directions you speak of? :tongue:

for the heating - how about a small Graphics card fan w/ a tiny solar panel mounted above the camera that might shade the camera from vertical sun too?

Last edited:
My problem is that I'd love a dashcam but it needs to be tiny, no screen, as invisible as possible. So the Lukas LK7900 looks kinda interesting... but I haven't wanted it enough, yet, to plop down 250 bucks and deal with installation...
How hard was installation for yours? Where do you plug it in?