Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck 4 motor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The quad motor will be replacing the tri-motor version IMO. Tesla aggressively simplifies production so there’s no way they’ll offer a vehicle with 4 different drivetrains.

I also noticed that recent videos show only the front wheels turning, so it seems 4-wheel steering may be abandoned too, though that was never an announced feature during the introduction anyway.

Reactions: QuadB
The quad motor will be replacing the tri-motor version IMO. Tesla aggressively simplifies production so there’s no way they’ll offer a vehicle with 4 different drivetrains.

I also noticed that recent videos show only the front wheels turning, so it seems 4-wheel steering may be abandoned too, though that was never an announced feature during the introduction anyway.
a) I'm still hoping for tri-motor since they have good experience and data for that from the Plaid as well as the Semi. Would be good efficiency on the highway just like the semi.

b) There have been several videos of the rear wheels turning including some from yesterday.