Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Model S Production Closure until 1/11/2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brunla

MS-LR / MSM / Black / Arachnid / FSD
Dec 22, 2020
Los Angeles
I was suppose to take delivery of my Model S by end of 2020 but I delayed it not knowing if a refresh was coming, or if they are fixing the suspension issues that I have read about. If they were to even do a "light refresh" on the car what features do you think that would include? Can't take the suspense!

• Informative
Reactions: pdwitt
What’s going on. It’s January 19 and still no production?
AC7B400F-8F00-4372-97B9-F2D6015F1D81.jpeg

Reactions: HankLloydRight
What’s going on. It’s January 19 and still no production?

Just because they reopened the line doesn’t mean cars just start popping out, if it’s a significant change it’ll be a while.

If the cars were actually refreshed including sheet metal then the 1/11/21 date probably just meant all the new stamping and welding equipment was in place. There would be a lot of fine tuning, many early scrap cars, then a dribble of salable product coming off the line while they ramp.

The marketing material will probably be ready just about the time the cars are.

Reactions: Stealth.Pilot
Just because they reopened the line doesn’t mean cars just start popping out, if it’s a significant change it’ll be a while.

, many early scrap cars, then a dribble of salable product coming off the line while they ramp.

The marketing material will probably be ready just about the time the cars are.

Since the early Tesla days that seems to be the trend. We are down to a dribble of salable cars yet they seem to continue to push the rest on the consumer anyway .:(