Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Curious thought experiment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think many would sell. The next gen roadster is just around the corner, and when looking at pure performance specs a cheaper 3, Y, S, or even X would be (a) more comfortable, (b) better equipped, (c) more reliable, and (d) faster. Not nearly as much fun, though ;)

Reactions: hurd300403
First, I don't think Tesla could do it today for $100-120K. Yes, the battery tech has improved, but in order to do it, they would virtually have to re-invent the car. With the next gen right around the corner with SC capability, longer range, etc, I just don't think there would be the demand...

Now, if we're just going to create the new car out of thin air with a new R80 battery, there could be some folks who would be interested simply because of the lower price, but since the model 3 is faster and can hit the SC, with more range, why would anyone realistically do it?

It would devalue, perhaps not huge amount, the original version simply because of age in comparison, unless it was a signature or other special version...definitely would put a cap on the value, though.