Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any take on this:

Adverse vaccine effect related to spike protein.

Suggests there is little reason to worry. Gotta put on the thinking caps. Moar spike please. I'd be ok with some other bits (nucleocapsid, etc.) to get the t-cells excited too, after they've been tested properly to ensure no potential higher incidence of immune dysfunction. (Lots of reasons to thoroughly test vaccines to make sure they're safe, which thankfully we do!) I'll take a squirt up the nose while I'm there, too.

Suggests there is little reason to worry. Gotta put on the thinking caps. Moar spike please. I'd be ok with some other bits (nucleocapsid, etc.) to get the t-cells excited too, after they've been tested properly to ensure no potential higher incidence of immune dysfunction. (Lots of reasons to thoroughly test vaccines to make sure they're safe, which thankfully we do!) I'll take a squirt up the nose while I'm there, too.

Good to hear, so (hopefully) this is unrelated.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Changes to Simplify Use of Bivalent mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines

"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorizations (EUAs) of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 bivalent mRNA vaccines to simplify the vaccination schedule for most individuals.
This action includes authorizing the current bivalent vaccines (original and omicron BA.4/BA.5 strains) to be used for all doses administered to individuals 6 months of age and older, including for an additional dose or doses for certain populations.
The monovalent Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines are no longer authorized for use in the United States.
..."

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Changes to Simplify Use of Bivalent mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines

"Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorizations (EUAs) of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 bivalent mRNA vaccines to simplify the vaccination schedule for most individuals.
This action includes authorizing the current bivalent vaccines (original and omicron BA.4/BA.5 strains) to be used for all doses administered to individuals 6 months of age and older, including for an additional dose or doses for certain populations.
The monovalent Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines are no longer authorized for use in the United States.
..."
I'm guessing this solves the problem of taking too much time to find out what type was used in the previous dose.

Reactions: DrGriz
including for an additional dose or doses for certain populations.
Namely immunocompromised and 65+.

Finally the required booster of the booster (was always expected to be needed, to make booster have halfway decent efficacy) is available to some people.

Hopefully will expand to everyone as we move to summer/fall. And hopefully they’ll also reformulate it. Seems unlikely to have the other types of vaccines available by then.

Can’t wait to get my sixth. Might be a while it seems.

COVID metrics continue steady decline; clearly at the lowest levels of pandemic now. Look at excess mortality carefully for COVID death impact, rather than these numbers - still likely significant diabetes, heart/circulatory and other issues elevated vs prior to pandemic. Hopefully we’ll see that start to decline soon.

E6CE01B1-B557-4BB8-A69D-D5B92030CBA0.jpeg

Namely immunocompromised and 65+.

Finally the required booster of the booster (was always expected to be needed, to make booster have halfway decent efficacy) is available to some people.

Hopefully will expand to everyone as we move to summer/fall. And hopefully they’ll also reformulate it. Seems unlikely to have the other types of vaccines available by then.

Can’t wait to get my sixth. Might be a while it seems.

COVID metrics continue steady decline; clearly at the lowest levels of pandemic now. Look at excess mortality carefully for COVID death impact, rather than these numbers - still likely significant diabetes, heart/circulatory and other issues elevated vs prior to pandemic. Hopefully we’ll see that start to decline soon.

View attachment 929574
I've been chopping the last 3 weeks off this graph, we are right on the edge of 3 weeks ago going below 200 deaths per day on the 7 day moving average.

Dunno when I'll get my 6th shot but I'm not in the 65+ group or any other high risk group so I was thinking on making a decision in June.

1682138905299.png

This seems massively underreported:

Early pregnancy losses (miscarriages/ectopics)
Year Number of miscarriages
2018 1011
2019 1060
2020 1021
2021 1083
2022 2065

Not saying that MRNA/C19 caused this. But shouldn't we at least investigate what caused this increase?
The miscarriage numbers are interesting. There's no way to correlate with Covid Vaccination state, apparently. I don't know about Lanarkshire, but I would expect a lower rate of vaccination in women of childbearing age than, say, seniors. So hard to say. Maybe low vaccination rates correlate with high miscarriages? The rest of the measures (you didn't mention them) were not statistically different.

This is one place. Yes, investigate if it is proves to be wider spread than in one Shire.

Reactions: JRP3
Florida surgeon general altered a study to make it look as if vaccine side effects were higher than the data showed.

A report by Politico found that Ladapo made changes to a state-funded study that downplayed the risks of Covid-19 for young people. The study originally found that there was no significant risk associated with the Covid-19 vaccines for young men. However, Ladapo added language to the study that said that mRNA vaccines may be driving an increased risk of cardiac-related death in males, especially those ages 18-39.

I've been chopping the last 3 weeks off this graph, we are right on the edge of 3 weeks ago going below 200 deaths per day on the 7 day moving average.

Dunno when I'll get my 6th shot but I'm not in the 65+ group or any other high risk group so I was thinking on making a decision in June.

View attachment 930740

Mar 30 is up to the 235-240 range now, I guess I'm going to have to chop off ~4 weeks now instead of ~3 weeks to avoid the late reporting.

After the late reporting is added in it looks like a plateau more so than a downhill. Still dropping, but deceptively so after it back fills.

1683082934508.png

Mar 30 is up to the 235-240 range now, I guess I'm going to have to chop off ~4 weeks now instead of ~3 weeks to avoid the late reporting.

After the late reporting is added in it looks like a plateau more so than a downhill. Still dropping, but deceptively so after it back fills.

View attachment 934039
Continued plunging hospitalizations in spite of Arcturus so far, so those numbers will keep coming down for at least 3-4 more weeks. Which is great!

Everything keeps getting better. Have to wait for a summer wave I guess; should start around beginning of June if it is going to happen.

Last edited:

IMG_5097.jpeg

Looks like some mention that increases in some causes of death could be related to inflammation from COVID. Hard to say of course.

But as has been detailed here, there are some very odd continued elevations of mortality from heart disease, circulatory issues, and diabetes, which are still elevated vs. levels prior to pandemic. Haven’t looked at the data in the last few months. Hopefully it is starting to improve as well. Need to wait for another month and hope overall mortality continues to decline.

Last edited:
New info from Medicare today.

"The Public Health Emergency for COVID-19 ends on May 11, 2023. What does this mean for you?

More Info

After May 11, 2023, Medicare will no longer cover or pay for over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests. If you're enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you may have more access to tests depending on your benefits. Make sure to check with your plan."