Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not only do you have to believe that but you have to believe that people with no science background and no credentials have uncovered deep truths about this fraudulent non epidemic that the best epidemiologists and other professionals could not see. In other words you have to believe that the amateurs know much more than the professionals and all of at least most of the professionals are in on it so to speak in terms of the manufacturing of data to support the myth of a serious pandemic when in fact it's really nothing but just another flu. That's what a number of posters (and they know who they are) would have you believe. Collectively it's such an insane argument and so unbelievable that only the most ardent conspiracy junkie could find it credible.

So tell me, if it is so much worse than a *BAD INFLUENZA OUTBREAK* ( i never said just another flu - that implies it is similar to the average flu, which it is not ) why the total mortality isn't significantly different?

Even the most prestigious medical science journal in the world has taken the unheard of step of calling for a president who is not a moron.

The British medical journal The Lancet published an editorial calling for a president to take office in 2021 who "will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics."

Last edited:
So tell me, if it is so much worse than a *BAD INFLUENZA OUTBREAK* ( i never said just another flu - that implies it is similar to the average flu, which it is not ) why the total mortality isn't significantly different?
It's simple, the pandemic isn't over yet.
In some regions it is far worse than a bad influenza outbreak and there is no reason to believe that the same thing couldn't happen elsewhere. Even in those hard hit regions the number of people infected is low and no reason to believe that far more people would not be infected without continued suppression efforts (which include both voluntary behavioral changes and governmental action).

Ugh . . . my wife took her first shift of veterinary work today in 2.5 months. She gets there, and NO ONE is wearing masks except her. Not the staff, the vets, or the clients.

We are a country of F-ing dumbasses.

That is terrible to hear. Masks are required in San Diego County (when you may be reasonably expected to come within 6 feet of another person)! Not good news at all - I have seen most people being quite good about using a mask in high contact situations.

I guess this explains why we can’t get our case counts down.

Great arguments you guys have. I'll come back when we have May data.

We've replied multiple times, you just don't want to believe anything but your own viewpoint. You are like Trump in that regards.

How does the new coronavirus compare with the flu? | Live Science

SIMPLE and SHORT article.

Salient data (for USA):
CDC Infuenza Estimates - 39-59 mil cases annually, with 24,000 to 62,000 deaths.

CDC COVID-19 to date - 1.4 mil cases, with 85,000 and counting deaths.

EVEN IF we have undercounted cases by 10X-20X, that is just a SMALL FRACTION of the population that has been infected.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Mortality rates are way way way higher in 2 months, than the full annualized impact of the worst flu season. DESPITE A FULL LOCKDOWN. I don't really know where the influenza comparison comes from

74,000 Missing Deaths: Tracking the True Toll of the Coronavirus Outbreak

It's a bit hard to believe that this has to spelled out.
Next thing you know @GFernandes will be telling us that jumping off a cliff is no big deal because those who did not jump are just fine.

Shhh! You're going to let the cat out of the bag sagebrush! We are locked in difficult contract negotiations with him to become the lead spokesperson for our revolutionary Yahoo Bunghole Steamgun! Since there has been a run on Clorox Chewables, we believe that the shortages there open up a market for our much more expensive boutique product, which anyone can plainly see is now solar powered.
20200426_115233.jpg
We are busy modifying it to include a UV light. Our Initial Public Offering however was dampened by the news that our psychotic Proctologist was let out of the inpatient unit where he had been receiving treatment and is now on loose with this prototype. I know this because I've just received an additional dozen restraining orders.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Mortality rates are way way way higher in 2 months, than the full annualized impact of the worst flu season. DESPITE A FULL LOCKDOWN. I don't really know where the influenza comparison comes from
This is the main point. You need flu seasons with global lockdowns to have any hope of a valid comparison.

Even the most prestigious medical science journal in the world has taken the unheard of step of calling for a president who is not a moron.

The British medical journal The Lancet published an editorial calling for a president to take office in 2021 who "will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics."

Sorry, I had to laugh at this one (having run a UK company, I can attest that British elite are quite often left leaning)....btw: Biden can barely comprehend questions these days and has difficulty even reading off a teleprompter lol: latest Biden gaffe-85K jobs: Twitter. Hopefully, his female running mate will be someone who is capable because I highly doubt he would finish his first term and the thought of Pelosi leading our Country is frightening.

FWIW: our political class (both parties) is perhaps the weakest in our Country's history and certainly the worst of my 60+ years.

Last edited:
Just went and saw my grandmother. Today is likely her last day of consciousnesses and I couldn't even get her to wake up, only move her mouth a bit so I could say my goodbyes.

I've never heard of a bad influenza outbreak killing off 10% of a facility's residents within a month despite having everything in lock down and my grandmother spending the last two months of her life eating alone on her bed every day, unable to leave her room and unable to see her friends. The last day before the lock down they had one final meal where they were told what was to come and why. Those who were able to got up and danced, had a few drinks, said their goodbyes to their friends and then went into isolation to still get infected and die alone.

I'm heartbroken for her. Will miss her dearly.