Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convince me to stay with a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made this thread to discuss some possible ideas. I think it just boils down to Elon behaves a certain way, so people who align with Elon will behave a similar way. And I don't think anyone out there would make the claim that Elon cares much about how users/customers feel about his products/services.

Yeah, I was begging them to actually help me stay in a Tesla MX. They were mansplaining to my wife about how our kids and my wife's mother were perfectly safe in a car that had a propensity to shut down since all cars have that type of problem. And they couldn't care less about the absolutely abysmal manufacturing defects and terrible delivery we had experienced so far.

My wife offered to just hit "reset" on this and requested Tesla to put us in a different 2023 Ultra Red, white-interior, 7-seater, with 22" wheels, and a yoke. That's when Tesla said it sounded like we had buyer's remorse since "that's not how the auto industry works ma'am, and it sounds like your car is too expensive for you".

I took out my phone and showed them pictures "Look at my dream Tesla Garage!!! I have 3x Powerwalls, a Performance 3 (red with white interior), and 2 Gen 3 wall connectors. I put 50% cash down on this 2023 Model X. I wannnnnttt a working Model X pleeeeasseeee don't screw this upppp."

The guy actually said "you didn't take those images off the internet?"

So I had to load my Google home app and loaded the effing camera in my garage. He got a live view of my 3x Powerwalls, 2x Gen 3 TWC's, and a red P3 sitting there. But an empty spot where a 2023 Ultra Red MX with 22"s was supposed to be parked.

That's when he just said "we can't help you sorry - you just need to have patience. what you're asking for is unreasonable."

Tesla is doing @Sonus a favor; he'll be a lot happier leaving the Tesla ecosystem.
Your experience ought to be a case study to educate employees in exactly what never to do/say to a customer. But as you said, it's a reflection of the leadership (Elon)...

When we requested to swap into a new car as an exchange (you know, since they sold us a minger), they told me it sounded like I had buyer's remorse and couldn't afford the Model X.
Wow, that's really condescending. It's like what they said doesn't even make sense, they gave you a messed up car, which they couldn't fix, and you were just asking to swap/exchange for a new one that works, so how is it related to not being able to afford it or buyer's remorse. That person is an idiot and maybe just reflecting. I wonder if we could report these people to the higher ups so they know what us customers have to deal with. I'm in SoCal and so far, the Buena Park (sales), Upland (sales), and Alhambra (SC) have been great so I don't have anything negative to report but I'll def keep that in mind.
Just sharing that I had wonderful experience at the Alhambra SC because I had forgotten my work gate opener in the loaner and realized it 3 days later, so they helped contacted the customer that had my loaner car and I was able to retrieve it from the customer directly thanks to their help. They also fixed my FWD in two days and very communicative and allowed me to take my car in after hours but note that I did talk to the manager there and was referred by the delivery service manager from Upland.

Reactions: cdub
Wow, that's really condescending. It's like what they said doesn't even make sense, they gave you a messed up car, which they couldn't fix, and you were just asking to swap/exchange for a new one that works, so how is it related to not being able to afford it or buyer's remorse. That person is an idiot and maybe just reflecting. I wonder if we could report these people to the higher ups so they know what us customers have to deal with. I'm in SoCal and so far, the Buena Park (sales), Upland (sales), and Alhambra (SC) have been great so I don't have anything negative to report but I'll def keep that in mind.
Just sharing that I had wonderful experience at the Alhambra SC because I had forgotten my work gate opener in the loaner and realized it 3 days later, so they helped contacted the customer that had my loaner car and I was able to retrieve it from the customer directly thanks to their help. They also fixed my FWD in two days and very communicative and allowed me to take my car in after hours but note that I did talk to the manager there and was referred by the delivery service manager from Upland.

Yeah I don't come across as the perfect customer either... I was already really peeved at how Sunnyvale delivered a crap car; and peeved my week old car was "stalling" and had a completely FUBAR back hatch. So I'm sure Tesla's folks are just :rolleyes: that I'm some crybaby and lame-azz-MF-er.

But still, if Fremont didn't ship GARBAGE; and Sunnyvale didn't deliver GARBAGE; then maybe I won't have a GARBAGE attitude? It's always fun to blame the customer when the product/service sucks heh.

What the absolute F

I mean, does this look like a picture most people would have on their phone of their own cars? Or an internet staged photo shoot? Hehe.

1685051134329.png

Total BS... I call shenanigans. Looks like you used Midjourney AI Generation. And I don't see Hans von holzhausen in the photo... so it can't be real. /s

Maybe if I had a Model S they would have worked with me. Our lame Model 3 means we are weak-sauce, and not worthy of attention heh. Need a Model S to not be a broke azz loser in Tesla's eyes.

PS, here's the ugliest Dream Tesla Garage. Coulda had a Ultra Red MX in here. Sad.

1685052897468.png

Total BS... I call shenanigans. Looks like you used Midjourney AI Generation. And I don't see Hans von holzhausen in the photo... so it can't be real. /s

Maybe if I had a Model S they would have worked with me. Our lame Model 3 means we are weak-sauce, and not worthy of attention heh. Need a Model S to not be a broke azz loser in Tesla's eyes.

PS, here's the ugliest Dream Tesla Garage. Coulda had a Ultra Red MX in here. Sad.

View attachment 941029
I know what you mean about wanting it to be uniformed because that's my dream too haha (X plus S in white parked together lol) but yours is still a beautiful garage!

Reactions: holeydonut
Eh, TSLA's market cap is still like 7x that of the Mercedes Benz Group. Lots of people enjoy their Teslas lol. But when their cars fail to deliver, the experience is easily the worst in the business.
Mercedes Benz, Porsche might be late to the EV market but are prestigious name brands and hold their value well; Unlike Tesla, now competing with Toyota Camry’s, under $40K market 😬