Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Convince me to stay with a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really liked the yoke. I actually really liked the Ultra Red non-Plaid X for the week it actually effing worked. I still cannot fathom why they'd be such a-holes and turned full Tesla-suck with this entire experience. Blah.
Weird, honestly your experience is horrible, I return my old leased X this morning and it was a great experience, 5 min and I was out, 1 hour later they removed the car from the app and send me a bill for 0$.... I was ready to pay for all the scratches on the car, curb rash on all 4 wheels (wife...) etc... nothing, they took the car as is.

Weird, honestly your experience is horrible, I return my old leased X this morning and it was a great experience, 5 min and I was out, 1 hour later they removed the car from the app and send me a bill for 0$.... I was ready to pay for all the scratches on the car, curb rash on all 4 wheels (wife...) etc... nothing, they took the car as is.

I cannot fathom why the Model X they tried to sell us sucked so bad. But I also cannot fathom why their attitudes about it were so bad. Collateral swap would have been so easy and they could have used a mildly dented and stall-prone 2023 X in their loaner fleet anyway.

Even with a buyback happening, they insist this was the best experience they could have delivered. Lol.

BTW how do you curb rash all 4 wheels?

No argument there! But it works well and I haven't had a car payment in 11 years. Or been to a gas station.

I charge at home and it only realistically gets 50 miles how I drive but that's good enough for my commute. Range blows. It's fugly. But it's fun to drive and I haven't had any issues with it.
If your happy/content with it, we are happy for you 😃👍🏻 enjoy it to the fullest 🙏

Yeah the yoke is terrible at low speeds (parking lot, parallel parking, or driveway). But I thought it was pretty good while driving.

Maybe I have a more upright seating position so my arms don’t extend as far to reach the wheel than if I was reclined further back?

I know some people like to cruise and basically one-hand hold the outer 6 o’clock position of the wheel. But that’s not really possible with the yoke.

Doesn’t matter I guess. The Mercedes steering wheel is way more quality feel 🤪

Reactions: cdub
Yeah the yoke is terrible at low speeds (parking lot, parallel parking, or driveway). But I thought it was pretty good while driving.

Maybe I have a more upright seating position so my arms don’t extend as far to reach the wheel than if I was reclined further back?

I know some people like to cruise and basically one-hand hold the outer 6 o’clock position of the wheel. But that’s not really possible with the yoke.

Doesn’t matter I guess. The Mercedes steering wheel is way more quality feel 🤪
Everyone has different tastes. Personally, I really like the yoke. First, I am a two hand on the wheel at all times sort of driver. Second, I am a pilot and have a lot of experience flying behind a yoke, so it feels natural to me. Except maybe for the lack of buttons and switches for the radios and trim. o_O

Last edited:
just remember, tesla is the only profitable ev maker on every ev sold... no one else make any profit on any single ev sold...

tesla is #1 autonomous driving software, same for battery, same for infrastructure... etc... and same for value...
IMG_4414.jpeg

The car arrived just like Tesa said, i must say i have NEVER seen a build quality like this before. OH MY GOD this is not the Tesla I know.
Everything is tightly fit, and drives so much better than my 2021 X ... so far I am very impressed.
Are you still loving your MXP? I have one on order but am so friggin frustrated with Tesla right now that I might end up canceling the order. The latest is that they won't let me pre-order a winter wheel/tire. I live in Colorado. Ordered the car with the 22" rims and was told there is a chance they could come with summer performance tires. So, thought I'd be proactive and pre-order the 20" winter wheel/tire setup for the MX since delivery is estimated for February and there's a good chance there will be snow. Should be an easy thing to do, right? Nope. They won't let you order the wheel/tire package until you take delivery of the vehicle. WTH? Then asked if I could update the order to the 20" rims but with the winter tires (not all-seasons). Nope. And, you can't buy the Tesla 22" wheels/tires afterward anyway. Why is something so simple made to be so complicated?

Are you still loving your MXP? I have one on order but am so friggin frustrated with Tesla right now that I might end up canceling the order. The latest is that they won't let me pre-order a winter wheel/tire. I live in Colorado. Ordered the car with the 22" rims and was told there is a chance they could come with summer performance tires. So, thought I'd be proactive and pre-order the 20" winter wheel/tire setup for the MX since delivery is estimated for February and there's a good chance there will be snow. Should be an easy thing to do, right? Nope. They won't let you order the wheel/tire package until you take delivery of the vehicle. WTH? Then asked if I could update the order to the 20" rims but with the winter tires (not all-seasons). Nope. And, you can't buy the Tesla 22" wheels/tires afterward anyway. Why is something so simple made to be so complicated?

check your messages