Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Connect to wifi message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an older Model S that has it's MCU updated. In our house we have two wifi networks and we park the car in our attached garage. Every time I get in the care it prompts me to "Connect to wifi". When I try I'm only shown one of the networks and I've tried several times to connect but I can't. I've given up trying so my question is how can I permanently turn that off that prompt?

Can you connect your iPhone to your WiFi AP from the attached garage? Assuming the answer is yes, then note:

1. The car will connect only to a 2.4 GHz network
  2. The car cannot connect if encryption is set to WPA3, set it to WPA2
Your router will likely support multiple networks. Just setup one on 2.4 GHz using WPA2

You do not see and are not offered to connect to the other WiFi network likely because it is a 5 GHz network, that your car does not see and does not support. I assume you cannot to the network the car presents for you to login becasue either the passsword you are entering is not correct, or, as @ATPMSD says, you are using the wrong encryption method on the router -- not supported by the car. See if you can change that on the router.