Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold feet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me when I start getting the battery cold warning my feet get cold. My #1 and only 1 complaint with the car. Only car I ever owned that gives me cold feet lol. At fan speed 11 I do not get a very strong air flow compared to the passenger side. Is that normal?

Yes, it's not the most efficient car for feet heating. You can preheat but it's still not super efficient. I live in Canada so the problem is just between seasons... once winter is here I put on my winter boots and there's no problem.

For me when I start getting the battery cold warning my feet get cold. My #1 and only 1 complaint with the car. Only car I ever owned that gives me cold feet lol. At fan speed 11 I do not get a very strong air flow compared to the passenger side. Is that normal?
I hear you.
As someone whose only body part that gets cold [ even at below 32F ] is feet and only feet, I can understand your situation. In fact I am in it. And Coming from an ICE car, I really feel the lack of warm air flow to my feet.

To start with, I agree with getting dopplers on your legs, and risk factor modification, if any of those are applicable
Peripheral Arterial Disease | PAD | MedlinePlus

Second, try SmartWool or DarnTough [ latter Made in Vermont and lifetime warranty !! ] Socks.
Also if your feet are cold and you are in your *winter boots* get them out of the boots, boots are heat insulators, when you are our and about they keep cold out and heat in, but if your feet are cold, they are hindering the warm air from warming your feet.

Thirdly see what model MS you haveand if following is applicable to you
Some one used a FLIR sensor, and noted that [hot] air was misdirected. [ 2014 model ]
Tesla Owners in Alberta

Lastly, consider to Invest $5 and carry a small power bank to power them :)
Electric Heated Shoe Insoles Warm Socks Feet Heater USB Foot Winter Warmer Pads | eBay

upload_2018-11-6_19-40-59.png

Three years ago, my first-ever big road trip using superchargers, and... my feet got really cold. I guess my only point is that it's an old problem, but not a big one. I think it's a seasonal thing:
Autumn: cold feet
Winter: vampire drain/reduced range
Spring: s'all good
Summer: AC is this loud?

Reactions: Antfugue