Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The current climate event known as El Niño is likely to supercharge global heating and deliver record-breaking temperatures from the Amazon to Alaska in 2024, analysis has found.

Coastal areas of India by the Bay of Bengal and by the South China Sea, as well as the Philippines and the Caribbean, are also likely to experience unprecedented heat in the period to June, the scientists said, after which El Niño may weaken.

Sorry, but I just wanted to say I talked to a person yesterday who thinks there is no such thing as climate change. I guess I am in shock.

Let me guess, not someone who lives in FL where many are fleeing? Insurance companies and HOAs are definitely not in denial. LOL

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
Let me guess, not someone who lives in FL where many are fleeing? Insurance companies and HOAs are definitely not in denial. LOL

No, just a person who had a negative attitude toward EV's and I was trying to show the advantages..it drifted into Climate Change.. At that point I just walked away.

Reactions: Raffy.Roma

You can’t shove “the truth” down people’s throats if they don’t want to hear it, but you can inspire them to have the motivation to care about facts in the first place.

You can’t shove “the truth” down people’s throats if they don’t want to hear it, but you can inspire them to have the motivation to care about facts in the first place.
This is what Socrates did when he stated not to have "the knowledge" and he made his interlocutor think that he didn't know "the truth", while he actually knew it. This way Socrates inspired the interlocutor to look for the issues he was mentioning.
In fact Socrates defined himself a "learned ignorant".

Reactions: mspohr
This is what Socrates did when he stated not to have "the knowledge" and he made his interlocutor think that he didn't know "the truth", while he actually knew it. This way Socrates inspired the interlocutor to look for the issues he was mentioning.
In fact Socrates defined himself a "learned ignorant".
I think that now, a lot of the angry crowd just look for "facts" that their biased media sources throw around..to confirm what they believe. No need for them to get into the squishy science or history.

Reactions: Raffy.Roma
I think that now, a lot of the angry crowd just look for "facts" that their biased media sources throw around..to confirm what they believe. No need for them to get into the squishy science or history.
That's why I think that the Climate Change issue issue has to stay out of the political debate. The Climate Change issue is a scientific problem, and politics can only affect it negatively.

Let's face the Climate Change issue as a purely scientific problem.

That's why I think that the Climate Change issue issue has to stay out of the political debate. The Climate Change issue is a scientific problem, and politics can only affect it negatively.

Let's face the Climate Change issue as a purely scientific problem.

It turns political because it affects someone's bottom line. The "Chromium is good for you" industry is trying to trick you into supporting Chromium in your drinking water for their profit.

So we have a Global Temperature Deviation of about 1.8°C for February 2024.
Made a rapid calculation. This means that while the Global Temperature Deviation for last 12 months was 1.56°C now the Global Temperature Deviation for last 12 months is about 1.61°C!

This is really worrisome. So please don't look up this post.

February 2024 is also warmest February on record with a Temperature Deviation of 1.79°C.

Right now, the North Atlantic ocean is, on average, warmer than any other time on record, running about 2 degrees Fahrenheit hotter than the average temperature over the last three decades.

All this heat is not only a problem for marine ecosystems today, scientists say. It’s also a warning of what could come — including what could put human life in harm’s way.

In this graph we have the Global Temperature Deviation in last 22000 years till to the period in which we are living now.
So we can better understand why the Agreement of Paris set a threshold of 1.5°C for the Global Temperature Deviation.
As Elon said we don't know what will be the consequences for mankind of the experiment that we are making.

Sea ice levels in Antarctica have registered historic lows for three consecutive years, portending grave consequences for life on Earth as we know it.

But looking out over the southernmost continent, scientist Miguel Angel de Pablo laments that humanity seems to be oblivious to the warnings.

“We (scientists) are very worried… because we don’t see how we can solve it ourselves,” the Spanish planetary geologist told AFP on Livingston Island in the South Shetland Antarctic archipelago.

“The more alerts we send out… to make society aware of what is happening, it seems we are not listened to, that we are (perceived as) alarmist” despite the evidence, he said.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV

Sea ice levels in Antarctica have registered historic lows for three consecutive years, portending grave consequences for life on Earth as we know it.

But looking out over the southernmost continent, scientist Miguel Angel de Pablo laments that humanity seems to be oblivious to the warnings.

“We (scientists) are very worried… because we don’t see how we can solve it ourselves,” the Spanish planetary geologist told AFP on Livingston Island in the South Shetland Antarctic archipelago.

“The more alerts we send out… to make society aware of what is happening, it seems we are not listened to, that we are (perceived as) alarmist” despite the evidence, he said.

If refrigerators/freezers had not been invented and we still harvest ice bergs from the Artic, this would be alarming to more people.

• Funny

So we have a Global Temperature Deviation of about 1.8°C for February 2024.
Made a rapid calculation. This means that while the Global Temperature Deviation for last 12 months was 1.56°C now the Global Temperature Deviation for last 12 months is about 1.61°C!

This is really worrisome. So please don't look up this post.

Actually, considering that the Global Temperature Deviation of February 2024 has been about 1.8°C, from my calculations I got a Global Temperature Deviation of about 1.6°C for last 12 months.
So the situation is even worse than that described in the reported tweet IMO.

Church reemerges from reservoir as Spain faces droughts

Increased evaporation, shorter rainy seasons and less mountain snow cover are set to worsen water crisis in the western Mediterranean as a consequence of the Climate Crisis.

Last edited: