Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20190513_191715.jpg

Reactions: Hawnboy and Akikiki
What’s a good place to get chrome delete for my 3? And how much does it cost

I believe there are numerous threads on this subject, that might help you find a local shop - especially if in SoCal. Read many posts about Chrome Delete, PPF, Wraps and great shops to use. An example:

Vendor - Chrome Delete for Model 3 S & X

Me personally?

Gimme Chrome or give me death!

mad-max-chrome[1].jpg

Yeah, $800 is what I was quoted at another location as well. 2 times more than I thought. Which is why I did it myself. First used plastidip, which is OK, but not so durable. Now one side of my car is part vinyl as I ran out of vinyl and was sent the wrong shade :confused:
I may just keep the mirrors plastidiped for now and vinyl the rest. I've probably spent less than $100 for all the materials I've used in this process, plastidip, vinyl, heat gun, tools. It's not very difficult, just time consuming. I just couldn't bring myself to pay so much for a little project that again, isn't so hard. Still waiting for some more vinyl to arrive to finish.

Reactions: Jdm_sky
Yeah, $800 is what I was quoted at another location as well. 2 times more than I thought. Which is why I did it myself. First used plastidip, which is OK, but not so durable. Now one side of my car is part vinyl as I ran out of vinyl and was sent the wrong shade :confused:
I may just keep the mirrors plastidiped for now and vinyl the rest. I've probably spent less than $100 for all the materials I've used in this process, plastidip, vinyl, heat gun, tools. It's not very difficult, just time consuming. I just couldn't bring myself to pay so much for a little project that again, isn't so hard. Still waiting for some more vinyl to arrive to finish.

If you can do it yourself all the power to you. I know how to do it as well, however, Al is a very good friend and has tinted the windows on all my cars. I’ve known him for over 20 years and it feels good to support a local small business. I’m a business owner myself and know how hard it is.

Keep up the mods.

Reactions: Jdm_sky