Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My voltage is 240V plus or minus 2V according to the Tesla charging screen. But is mostly at 240V. 120V on my volt meter for each Hot wire. Will post the resolution after my appointment on Friday. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Last edited:
Lloyd you are out of line - please don't accuse me of not being truthful - I got it under control and do not need your help

Challenging truth is perhaps a little tough with words, but all connections sag a little in Voltage when the current ramps up; the question is how much.

Even on my very stiff, connection to a 400A panel, fed by a 100kVA transformer with me as the sole user, with a less than 10' foot run of #2 copper, I see 2-3 Volts drop when ramping up to 80 Amps. I have never seen a 14-50 with less than 3 Volts drop going from 0 to 40 Amps. Read the Voltage when the car is getting ready to charge and then read it again when the car is at 40 Amps and after it backs down to 30 Amps. This is all useful, factual information. The 1 Volt resolution at the car is fine, and measures the entire system that is being loaded. Measuring at another outlet does not include the IR drop that happens on the wires to the Tesla.

Good Luck solving your problem!