Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging new YLR with doors unlocked, Screen stays bright on charging page.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I'm new to a new YLR. I set my doors to stay unlocked when I am home. When I charge the main screen stays bright on charging page and never goes out. When the doors are locked everything goes dark while charging. Is the screen restricted from going dark when charging or plugged in, and car is unlocked? Thanks Tony

No, the charging screen with the big bold letters, numbers should go dark soon after you exit the Tesla Model Y. I have experienced, at times, when the charging screen continues to be displayed for some time.

It could be a software glitch, so try rebooting the infotainment computer by holding down the left and right scroll wheels for 10 seconds. You could try manually locking the Tesla Model Y via the Tesla app to confirm if the screen turns off (normal behavior after the Tesla Model Y is locked.)

No, the charging screen with the big bold letters, numbers should go dark soon after you exit the Tesla Model Y. I have experienced, at times, when the charging screen continues to be displayed for some time.

It could be a software glitch, so try rebooting the infotainment computer by holding down the left and right scroll wheels for 10 seconds. You could try manually locking the Tesla Model Y via the Tesla app to confirm if the screen turns off (normal behavior after the Tesla Model Y is locked.)
Ya I tried rebooting it. Didn't change anything. So like Soul Surfer says.. i locked it. What is weird is the screen goes out if it isn't charging and unlocked..