Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging keeps restarting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks,

Last night when I plugged in my mobile connector to my 2023 MYLR, I observed that the charging light turns on the blinking green as normal, however on screen the kms, amps and voltage tries to climb up, reaches around 14amps and then winds down to zero.

This kept on happening. Previously it use to climb up to 32amps and be steady over there.

Has anyone else faced this?

Hey Folks,

Last night when I plugged in my mobile connector to my 2023 MYLR, I observed that the charging light turns on the blinking green as normal, however on screen the kms, amps and voltage tries to climb up, reaches around 14amps and then winds down to zero.

This kept on happening. Previously it use to climb up to 32amps and be steady over there.

What exactly are you plugging into?
If you are at home why are you using a mobile connector? Why not use the Tesla Gen 3 HPWC?
If you are somewhere other than home the source of the 240v has a problem? A cheap outlet, incorrect wiring, or wires not torqued properly? Get a licensed electrician to inspect.
Just my $.02

This problem could be due to the following:

Bad or loose wiring connection at the circuit breaker or at the 14-50 receptacle.
Bad receptacle.
Mobile Connector 14-50 power plug adapter not fully seated into the Mobile Connector chassis. (Always support the Mobile Connector chassis with a mounting bracket or other means. Do not let the Mobile Connector hang supported only by the power plug adapter.)
Bad Mobile Connector
Vehicle charge port problem
Vehicle PCS problem

Hey Folks,

Does the charge handle go all the way in? Sometimes the plastic charging tips have been known to break off and get stuck in your cars charge port and does not allow for the charge handle to fully seat. You can Google for this issue.

Thanks folks for your response. I read somewhere that if battery is cold, sometimes it could not ramp up to 32A all of a sudden. I reduced the amps to 12 ans gradually increase it by an amp every 2 mins and it worked. I was able to increase it to 32amps which was the full load of my NEMA 14-50.

Since then I charge it as soon as I am back home and never faced it again.

Reactions: theothertom