Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging interrupted, restarts after update to 6.2 (v2.5.21)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that so many people started getting this with 2.5.21, its difficult to imagine it is due to faulty HPWCs or UMCs. After a good charge the first night, I've got the "interrupted/started/complete" sequence the next two nights. If I'm awake at 1am, I'll watch the car to see exactly what seems to happen tonight.

Given that so many people started getting this with 2.5.21, its difficult to imagine it is due to faulty HPWCs or UMCs. After a good charge the first night, I've got the "interrupted/started/complete" sequence the next two nights. If I'm awake at 1am, I'll watch the car to see exactly what seems to happen tonight.

Hmmm... well, it was just a thought. As I say, I'm not having the issue, so it isn't universal. I even charge at 80 amps at work and 16 amps at home, so it's likely not a power setting thing either.

Tesla changed my HPWC charge cable and the charge port in the car recently chasing another problem, which turned out to be wiring related from the breaker to the HPWC. All connections are relatively new in my case, and I clean them all regularly with electrical contact cleaner and cotton swab. I'm pretty confident it's not connection related in my case. It only started happening with 2.5.21, and not every scheduled charge session. I'm going to contrive some scheduled charging sessions to see if I can provoke it while I'm watching the car. As I mentioned upthread, I'm starting to think it's could be a messaging anomaly. We'll see...

Had this happen today for the first time, and had just updated the firmware to 2.5.21. And I was at the Truckee Supercharger (non-local I might add). And as Nigel noted, when I went back to the car, the red ring of death was showing. Because I needed to charge and go, I couldn't wait to see if it re-established charging.

Tesla changed my HPWC charge cable and the charge port in the car recently chasing another problem, which turned out to be wiring related from the breaker to the HPWC. All connections are relatively new in my case, and I clean them all regularly with electrical contact cleaner and cotton swab. I'm pretty confident it's not connection related in my case. It only started happening with 2.5.21, and not every scheduled charge session. I'm going to contrive some scheduled charging sessions to see if I can provoke it while I'm watching the car. As I mentioned upthread, I'm starting to think it's could be a messaging anomaly. We'll see...

I tried to provoke this multiple times last night by setting the scheduled charge time forward in 10 minute increments, locking the car, and waiting in the garage for the session to begin. I was unable to provoke the start / interrupted / start / charge behavior. So, I set the time for my usual midnight, and even then, a normal start / complete sequence of notifications.

I tried to provoke this multiple times last night by setting the scheduled charge time forward in 10 minute increments, locking the car, and waiting in the garage for the session to begin. I was unable to provoke the start / interrupted / start / charge behavior. So, I set the time for my usual midnight, and even then, a normal start / complete sequence of notifications.

It's been multiple days now and the start / interrupted / start / complete notification sequence has not returned. I have been unable to provoke the sequence to observe what the car is doing at the time. Something has changed, but I'm not entirely sure what.
It's gone pretty quiet on this thread - anyone still getting the interrupted notifications?

Happens to me once every other day or so.

Got a call from service about this yesterday and apparently it's the HPWC cable and not the SW that's the issue. There's only a year warranty on these, so I think if it goes again, I'll look into something sturdier.

dd4f8daff045d0f740c2b59f7a50f566.jpg

I was so comfy in bed too

Hard to believe it's hardware, that would make this entire thread coincidental.

FWIW, I have yet to receive these messages on my classic S. However, given the large number of reports replicating this issue I can't see how it's hardware related.

Ditto, but *shrug*. I have no info of my own to combat it, so I'll let them replace it and see if it continues to happen.

Hard to believe it's hardware, that would make this entire thread coincidental.

True, but that was the case for me. I would get these kinds of things a while back when my UMC handle and J1772 adapter were going bad. With an almost new HPWC, recently replaced UMC and a replacement J1772 adapter, I have not had this issue even once.

What I wonder is if the more recent firmware is just more sensitive to marginal connections?