Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oooh wonder if Tesla is one of the vehicle manufacturers they are talking to? I think some European countries have non-Tesla chargers in the infotainment system, so it would be great if ChargeFox (and Evie, and BP, and Ampol etc) could also do that!

We know that will happen. When is the question.
Tesla has added third party networks in Europe.

And has a policy for these chargers

We know that will happen. When is the question.
Tesla has added third party networks in Europe.

And has a policy for these chargers
Hmm, I wonder if Evie will get there before Chargefox then. Chargefox is potentially in a difficult position when they don't own the charging infrastructure.

Integration of non tesla Dc chargers into the Tesla navigation app to allow preconditioning of battery prior to any DC charging , not just tesla.

Very annoying. To add insult to injury, it displays this message when I literally put “ Chargefox charging Station” as the destination on the Tesla Nav 😂
IMG_1988.jpeg

Carseldine shopping centre, cnr Gympie Road/Beams Road. The 3 RACQ Tritium units - fence now removed but chargers wrapped solidly in black plastic. All cabling appears complete. Not sure what the nexr step is or when they will be switched on.
That 2019 build date on the distribution board confirms that these are the ex-Toombul units, as previously discussed in this thread.

Reactions: moa999
I don’t think Chargefox should claim they are the “largest EV charging network” when they are getting out of the hardware ownership game and just providing the backend.

Whose brand is on the charger as the CPO and is pinged when the hardware fails - that’s what counts in my book.

I used the Tesla App / Climate / Defrost car a weeks ago at a Motel where it was -4C and the car had 5mm of ice all over it. It sucked 6kWh to clear, and precondition (via the scheduler) to go 2km to the SuperCharger. Filled to 100% the night before, and filled to 100% again in the morning due to the sub zero temps.(Goulburn NSW)...

The New South Wales Government has selected Chargefox to provide a range of services to support the electrification of government vehicles across Australia’s most populous state.

As the leading software platform for charger and electric vehicle management Chargefox will provide NSW Government with:
  • EV charging management for AC and DC chargers
  • Onboarding, commissioning and maintenance services