Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charge door error on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

geordi

Mr Fusion V.1
Jun 14, 2022
Connecticut
Got a new one - My 2014 S has been laid up (but plugged in) since a minor incident where a truck hit my hitch and tore himself up - but unfortunately denting the rear lid and destroying the plastic bumper cover in the process. I haven’t moved it much in about 5-6 months.

Now- it has an error that won’t clear on screen that the charge port is open (when it isn’t) and it complains at me that I need to remove the cable before driving. The port responds properly to all commands (old non-powered version) and seems to work fine, also works fine for supercharging.

Thoughts? The only possibly related error I have on the service mode (NOT main mode) is CHG_w091_ProximityRationality which I have no clue what that means.
I also have two climate errors, THC_w0198_RCCMDefAct and THC_d0021_RCCMActuator which is interesting that I have that same D0021 on BOTH of my S and X. Still don’t know which actuator could be the issue there.

Don’t really know where to look next, but the service center isn’t my first preference with their bill-happy nature.