Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI_a112 - USB device malfunction - I/O Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The errors returned after about 2 days. Now continuing at odd times When overnight and asleep. Anyone find a solution yet or are we waiting for 2024.12.XX?
The only thing I've found is rebooting the infotainment system while driving and outside your home wifi. For some reason that works well until the car goes back to sleep when you return home.

Reactions: jacklail
No solution except if your car is 2022 or. Everhas usb-a in glovebox, use a hub to provide a few more ports
The errors returned after about 2 days. Now continuing at odd times When overnight and asleep. Anyone find a solution yet or are we waiting for 2024.12.XX?
in my 2022 model y performance with mcu2 (intel atom cpu), the glovebox usb-a still works fine despite the error messages. I use a hub connected to that port to gain additional usb ports. The dashcam requires usb,3 speeds ( blue port) so be sure to use a hub that offers one usb-a with a blue port. A hub came with the abstract ocean led dash kit that I had bought.

I have a 2020 MYP (center usb) & 2022 MYP (glove usb). Having issues on both not recognizing the drives after multiple formatting and hard reboots. Everytime the cars go to sleep it goes back to Not recognizing the drives!!!

received OTA updates for both 2020 MYP (center usb) and 2022 MYP (glovebox usb) yesterday. v11.1 ⁦(2024.3.25 5aaf7e6d2826)⁩ on both cars now. Problem is still continuing. The 2020 worked until the car went to sleep last night. Still not working on the 2022.

Definitely a software or firmware issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Flybyglass
I’ve already taken my car in twice for similar errors but, after a port change and new USB, was told a future update would fix the issue as it persisted. Annoying, especially as I’m continuing to get the errors:

IMG_0147.jpeg

53ADDC4C-DC4E-4BCE-B161-F5AEA0F13A99.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54