Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change lane using TACC with autosteer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got AP by paying just shy of $3000 very good deal.

Drive on 401 with TMCC and autosteer. To manually change lane, I simply signal which cause the wheel to release pressure and then gradually move to the other lane manually. This deactivate autosteering but maintain TACC. Awesome.

To me, that’s all I need and Not prepared to spend another $4000 ish to go to FSP now.

Blind spot chime is not what I expected. If there is a car in my blind spot when I signal, warn me; not after.

Reactions: Techniques
just got AP by paying just shy of $3000 very good deal.

Blind spot chime is not what I expected. If there is a car in my blind spot when I signal, warn me; not after.
Can you clarify this? I assumed if there was a car in the blind spot, as soon as you put the signal on it would warn you with a chime. Does this not happen? It seems like you are saying there is a lag between putting the signal on and the chime?

Can you clarify this? I assumed if there was a car in the blind spot, as soon as you put the signal on it would warn you with a chime. Does this not happen? It seems like you are saying there is a lag between putting the signal on and the chime?

I know, that's what all the other cars do, but not Tesla.

For it to give out chime, the car has to be in the blind spot when you try to change lane and the signal light is on. It's too late IMO. Moreover, it doesn't work all the time. I don't understand why it's so difficult for Tesla to do that right. When you change lane, Tesla already highlights the line as RED and even identify the car that are in your blind spot, all it needs to do is provide a chime and it's done. Oh well.

I know, that's what all the other cars do, but not Tesla.

For it to give out chime, the car has to be in the blind spot when you try to change lane and the signal light is on. It's too late IMO. Moreover, it doesn't work all the time. I don't understand why it's so difficult for Tesla to do that right. When you change lane, Tesla already highlights the line as RED and even identify the car that are in your blind spot, all it needs to do is provide a chime and it's done. Oh well.

I guess it's personal preference and also traffic dependent. I've never had a car that had the chime so I'm used doing a shoulder check.

During the morning commute where there's enough room, EAP handles lane changes without issues (I double check before engaging a lane change anyway). At five pm, it's much easier taking over than letting it do any type of lane change. As my colleague preaches to his teenage daughters: "The more lanes you change, the more chances for an accident". Get in the left lane and EAP (dumb EAP) and enjoy the audio.

I guess it's personal preference and also traffic dependent. I've never had a car that had the chime so I'm used doing a shoulder check.

During the morning commute where there's enough room, EAP handles lane changes without issues (I double check before engaging a lane change anyway). At five pm, it's much easier taking over than letting it do any type of lane change. As my colleague preaches to his teenage daughters: "The more lanes you change, the more chances for an accident". Get in the left lane and EAP (dumb EAP) and enjoy the audio.

Agree 100%.

Like I said, we can drive since 80's. The AP is for the boring highway when there are not too many cars.