Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel depressed just looking at that. :(
I am wondering if mudguards would help. much of that dirt might be thrown up by the back wheels and then caught in turbulence coming off the back. even if not with that would certainly help with the sides.
20191202_151337.jpg

I've had some on order for weeks but I wanted the white so they are coming from China and taking forever

I'm the idiot who at a garage recently struggled to get the tyre pressure nozzle fitted on to the true valve and after becoming exasperated my wife then asked if I was intending to fill the tyres from the screen wash dispenser! My only excuse is that both hoses came out of the same metal box ... thankfully nobody else saw me ...
Could have been worse. You might have over inflated the washer bottle. :D

• Funny
Reactions: vitesse
We got ceramic coat - your car still gets dirty below the waistline. Either that, or they forgot to do that bit. We also have PPF below the lower bend in the door and sill - not ceramic coated.

It only takes one drive at this time of year.

View attachment 481987

You need mud flaps! My M3 used to look like that all the time. I bought these flaps on Amazon. Fixed the issue instantly.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V36S77Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ceramic is definitely a help when cleaning but it does scratch. So it will last longer than the standard clear coat but in a couple of years it will start to lose its hydrophobic properties progressively. So don't rely too much on long warranties and be prepared to re-do at some point in the future. It also won't stop chips and bumps. Gtechniq is perhaps the best of the ceramic coatings by all accounts and I've got it on top of PPF, "Halo" I think it's called. Our guy reckons that will still be beading nicely for a few years but will still need re-applying eventually. It does look nice and shiny when clean and the wash process is now fast as the crud comes off easily.

If you don't want to go all out on coatings or protection film, I use decent polish every 3 months on the missus's car and then something called Gyeon Wet Coat inbetween times - it's a 10 minute application at the rinse stage and it's remarkable. The car beads water for weeks and it really is quick and simple to use

Reactions: DanTW_GB