Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Center Console alternatives and cupholders.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to me that there is an opportunity for Weathertech ( Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors | WeatherTech.com ), the company that makes the Tesla-branded all-weather mats to make a drop-in, molded insert that would sit in the center area over the carpet. Something with the same look and feel of the custom mats could fit snugly and have a built-in cup holder something along these lines: Hopkins Manufacturing GoGear EFF-CHA - Console | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I'd gladly purchase something like this, especially since installation would be non-destructive and one could take it out to rinse off if there are spills.

Seems to me that there is an opportunity for Weathertech ( Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors | WeatherTech.com ), the company that makes the Tesla-branded all-weather mats to make a drop-in, molded insert that would sit in the center area over the carpet. Something with the same look and feel of the custom mats could fit snugly and have a built-in cup holder something along these lines: Hopkins Manufacturing GoGear EFF-CHA - Console | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I'd gladly purchase something like this, especially since installation would be non-destructive and one could take it out to rinse off if there are spills.

I like that one. It doesn't have measurements included. I wonder if it would fit in the console area. And at less than $4, even if not, it could be cut if needed slightly

Pictures of my Rubbermaid bento
y2u4e8y5.jpg

su4e2unu.jpg

I can measure later, but I just have to say that after a year the cup holder set above is still in place, and continues to be perfect--it's the thing I miss the most when I get a loaner. Not bad for 30 bucks.