Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Categories of luckiest Tesla owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahem.... 3PD+ owner here (to be specific, Tesla Model 3 Performance with Performance upgrade and all possible options, save white interior) with 19" SNOW tires (from TSportLine because Tesla won't sell snow tires for this car), I'm definitely not afraid of snow

How much was it to do that swap? It’s essentially extra cost that a 3P- didn’t have to incur.

I am very happy to be in this luck category:

3.) 2018Q3 Model 3 AWD Early Orders. AWD at 4K. Cheaper premium paint. Free LTE.

But I wonder if there is a "stealth" lucky Category out there:

Owners who ordered Model 3 AWD during the 2018 Q3 chaotic 5000 cars per week ramp up and received 3P- due to accidental software unlock. (It's possible. There were reports of owners who ordered 3P- and got AWD on day of delivery. Why not the other way around?)

These owners are probably lying low and trying to avoid any publicity for fear of getting discovered and having their cars software-locked to AWD again.

I purposely didn’t list that windfall or the windfall that my nephew got - free EAP. Reason being is it was completely dependent on individual luck versus a class of buyers that all qualified if they met the date range like yourself.

I met one Pre July AWD order who went black/black that got OBM and White seat upgrade for free. Wasn’t his order but since Tesla wanted a Q3 sale..

I wasn’t actually talking to you. That’s why I quoted the other guy. That’s a 1A concept.

I see, and thanks. Apologies for friendly fire!

Reactions: GWord
Maybe a minor one, but all those who got the LR RWD M3 with the special treated pano glass that shimmers red in the rain... I find it very beautiful, especially on a red car :). Sucks that the new M3s do not have this

Model 3 SR owners might jump straight to the top of this list:

Currently, they get an SR+ car for SR pricing in combination with reduced costs of premium paint on some colors.

Adjusting for inflation, it’s like getting a 41K Model 3 for 35K in 2016 dollars which was when the mass market 3 was announced.

If SR+ gets downgraded to SR software, not much changes as you can charge 100 on a software locked battery.

Reactions: SigNC
I hope they lock the lower end of the battery so SR+ who downgraded and trying to charge to 100% really is charging to 100% and taking a long time charging those last few % and ruining their batteries at the same time.

It would be fair.. but people don't like "fair" if it works against them.

Its easiest if Tesla just discontinues the 35K as soon as possible so we don't have these games anymore.

The whole thing about all this is the 35K Model 3 in 2019 is actually 37K in 2016 dollars which is when the Model 3 was announced.

Part of the populace / liars / short sellers / idiots, etc would refuse to accept that putting Tesla into a corner.

SR+ 37K = that is a far better car than what was bargained for for 35K in 2016. sigh

Reactions: turtlesz