Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars & Copters Fundraiser - Sunday, September 15th - Plymouth, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think I am in.
Await final Absolution from Sunday morning obligations.
Better chance of re-raising Lazarus than my kids for this event.
But I'd travel anywhere for a free Starbuck's coffee.
Aaron, it's funny - I'd forgotten that Plymouth was a suburb of...the Bronx...

Nice time today - sorry to miss the Copter ride, but exiting a mile over grass was an exciting enough ride in my Model S.
Amazed by the level of interest we saw - people just want to be near this car.
Me? I just wanted the Starbuck's Coffee.
Thanks, Aaron, and All -

Great event... Had lots of fun (once we got past the 1.5hr wait to enter)! 7 Teslas parked right next each other, with a Maserati at one end.... and several other really nice cars. Also, right on the main drag of the airport, so anyone entering saw the awesome line-up! Stayed busy just answering lots of questions... though my son did drag me away to enjoy a fried dough and fried Oreo (yeah, you read that right)! :)

It was also good to see many of you in person. Too bad the music at the C&C event was so loud. Made it hard for the conversations. But, still was good!

Interestingly, when I got to the Harvard Fall Festival (around 2pm - much later than I was hoping for), I parked the car way in the back and had plenty of space all around. Opened up the frunk and trunk... next thing I knew, I was talking to people straight for the next 1.5 hours... with another half dozen just hovering around the car completely "awed"! :) Of course my 10yr old son decided to start talking about the car and showing things to folks as well! Then he dragged me away (after locking the car of course) to go have some fun at the fair as well. :)

I will try to post a few photos tonight. I decided Saturday evening to join, and it was a pretty amazing event, though the organizers and town seemed overwhelmed by the turnout. It took us over an hour to get in, but fortunately as Hitesh pointed out we landed prime real estate - everyone entering the show went past 7 Model S's (4 blue, sig red, pearl white and black) facing them. Attracted lots of attention, but hard to talk extensively with the loud music.

And then it took 45 minutes to get out as they progressively cleared the access road - they finally stopped letting cars in around noon because they were overwhelmed. So I didn't do the grass run like Jim, but it was actually some nice Tesla Time - answering questions from drivers and walkers on their way in. And it's not every day you see a row of four or five Lamborghinis in a traffic jam! (yes I have pictures).

Thanks to Aaron for the coffee and everyone for joining. These events are important for exposing people to Tesla.

----- updated: pictures -----

Driving there
ymy6uneg.jpg

The slow road in
eme6e8am.jpg

I'm being followed!
nu9u2ybu.jpg

Lineup
4ygupema.jpg

Copters
2ujatety.jpg

And of course, Lambos!