Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carpool sticker form?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So put off the carpool sticker thing for a while. I see many Tesla have them though, what does it mean, like you can drive an EV in carpool lane with just 1 person without penalty?

I found the official website a few weeks ago but can't find it. But I think I fill out this form (in link), send $22 check, and mail both form & check to the DMV address. I need to figure who is on the title, it's likely one of my parents since they bought the car. How would this work, does the registered title owner need to receive the carpool sticker?

I've wanted to do this for a while, but kept putting it off. I really could use this carpool sticker now because I need to commute to various arcades to profit off arcade tickets, and I usually go on Wednesdays and dedicate an entire day to it because its half off games. Some D&B just have certain games that pay better in the long run, like easier difficulty but less tickets.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Better get on it now. I sent the form and check in back in mid-February and the check is still uncashed. Covid California takes FOREVER. On a side note, the DMV is starting to accept personalized plate applications again, so maybe the wheels are starting to turn.

Better get on it now. I sent the form and check in back in mid-February and the check is still uncashed. Covid California takes FOREVER. On a side note, the DMV is starting to accept personalized plate applications again, so maybe the wheels are starting to turn.
So you got your sticker, and they didn't cash the check? And it's all done through mail. Just fill out that document, the check, and mail it to the DMV address Does that mean free, or just delayed payment?

Well it says $22 on the form made payable to DMV.

No, I still have not received anything. If the check doesn't cash in the next few weeks I'll cancel it and do it all over. Maybe. The sticker is a nice thing to have on occasion for me, but for others, and you sound like one, it would be of great benefit.

No, I still have not received anything. If the check doesn't cash in the next few weeks I'll cancel it and do it all over. Maybe. The sticker is a nice thing to have on occasion for me, but for others, and you sound like one, it would be of great benefit.
I wouldn’t cancel. It took them almost four months just to cash my check and it was almost five months from the date I mailed my application to getting my stickers. They’re just really backed up right now.

Reactions: offhegoes
"I need to commute to various arcades to profit off arcade tickets"

Is it enough "profit" to earn a living in Cali?

The Tesla does help a lot though going to arcade to arcade, especially I'm roaming around the OC / LA area stopping at various arcades during a one day's work.

One arcade I want to commute I have had few managers try back me off. They say bunch of weird stuff try make me feel like a bad guy for taking their prizes for under-value. Most others locations don't mind me being there, or say anything, and the one location that has the big prizes hasn't backed me off yet. I have over 200k tickets that I didn't get to spend b/c CA closed, it's probably worth about $1000 in big prizes.

One called police on me because they didn't want my winning streak jackpot action there. Their locations in AZ are very cheap and don't like winning players, all of them turned their games off me when I reached about 5k-10k tickets.

• Informative
Reactions: Russell and KenC
I wouldn’t cancel. It took them almost four months just to cash my check and it was almost five months from the date I mailed my application to getting my stickers.
I wouldn’t cancel. It took them almost four months just to cash my check and it was almost five months from the date I mailed my application to getting my stickers. They’re just really backed up right now.

wow, took four months? i mailed my application in FEB and now May still didnt recieve anything. i mailed out second request coz i thought my mail was lost > < so this is usual ?

Will I have to wait months to get my carpool stickers? I think its been about 2 weeks now didn't check mail yet.

But can I use the carpool lane and if I do get ticketed for being in the carpool lane, can I just say I got my stickers coming and get my ticket dismissed? If a cop see a Tesla in the carpool lane, could they assume it has that sticker and maybe not think much about it?

Curious if you have an update now that it's June? Did you get your stickers? I submitted end of Feb and still nothing.

Will I have to wait months to get my carpool stickers? I think its been about 2 weeks now didn't check mail yet.

But can I use the carpool lane and if I do get ticketed for being in the carpool lane, can I just say I got my stickers coming and get my ticket dismissed? If a cop see a Tesla in the carpool lane, could they assume it has that sticker and maybe not think much about it?
It says you can't be in the carpool lane until you receive and apply the stickers on the car. I'm starting to feel like you, maybe they will give us a break if they even pull us over? But technically we could get the ticket, which is pricey.

It says you can't be in the carpool lane until you receive and apply the stickers on the car. I'm starting to feel like you, maybe they will give us a break if they even pull us over? But technically we could get the ticket, which is pricey.
I think the CHP is privy to Tesla’s being electric. They have to be on one to pull you over just for that. Just like the LAPD doesn’t pull people over just for tints or not having from plates. Now, if you’re driving like a fool, then they’ll just tack it on .

Update on my timing: Sent check on March 2nd, they just cashed it yesterday June 3rd. Assume I'll get it in the mail in a couple days.

This post was made May 4, so been a month now as of this post (6/4).

So guess it took about 3 months? When you say cashed it, you saw your bank account deduct the $20-23 check from DMV. I paid with a check.

What should I look for if I wanna see they cashed it?