Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Carbon Fiber or Glossy Black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the market right now for aftermarket parts. I am planning on a glossy black front lip. Would it look weird to have a real carbon fiber spoiler along with it or should I keep glossy black all the way? or should I say No to glossy and do Carbon Fiber all the way. I like both looks. Just afraid of spending a lot on a CF lip for it to be damaged in the future due to driving/road debris.

It would help if you guys can drop pics of your builds as well, thank you! I need some inspiration.

Hello,

It's great that you're considering aftermarket parts to enhance the look of your vehicle! Both a gloss black front lip and a real carbon fiber spoiler can add a unique touch to your car's appearance. While mixing different materials like gloss black and carbon fiber can create a visually interesting contrast, it ultimately comes down to your personal style and preferences.

Concerns about potential damage to your carbon fiber lip are valid, especially considering road debris and driving conditions. Carbon fiber is durable and lightweight, but it's always a good idea to take precautions to protect your investment. Clear protective film or coatings can help shield the carbon fiber from potential damage, preserving its appearance over time.

As for inspiration, I recommend checking out automotive enthusiast forums, social media platforms, and even Tesery's website, where you can find images of various combinations and styles to help you visualize how different parts might look together on your car.

Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or need assistance with your aftermarket parts journey. We're here to help you make the best choices for your vehicle customization.