Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G'day peeps. Eager to know if anyone has found a decent Y Performance replica spoiler which is close in pattern to the original Tesla version?

Couldn't get a Performance due to restrictions in the power of vehicles permitted to drive for some of the additional drivers but would like to replicate the look.

I've seen that Tessories, Tesdaddy and X-car all sell them with matte/gloss carbon or matte black. On that note, it's hard to tell from the pics Tesla provide, but is the original matte version slighty glossy? https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-y-carbon-fiber-spoiler

Thanks in advance!

I have a white MY ordered with 20” induction wheels and have a Tessories Matt black spoiler to go on. It looks like a quality item and is very good. A friend has the carbon fibre look alike but I reckon Matt black is the go because it matches everything else.

Yeh I'm thinking of doing this and blacking out the Tesla logos too with black mud flaps. Not sold on the Carbon look in all honesty.

Reactions: Power Hungry
G'day peeps. Eager to know if anyone has found a decent Y Performance replica spoiler which is close in pattern to the original Tesla version?

Couldn't get a Performance due to restrictions in the power of vehicles permitted to drive for some of the additional drivers but would like to replicate the look.

I've seen that Tessories, Tesdaddy and X-car all sell them with matte/gloss carbon or matte black. On that note, it's hard to tell from the pics Tesla provide, but is the original matte version slighty glossy? https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-y-carbon-fiber-spoiler

Thanks in advance!
Got a 2022 MYP, I replaced the original with a 5’ inch spoiler from Amazon 👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_4204.jpeg
    IMG_4204.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 336

Thanks in advance!
I got the Matte carbon fibre one from EVACA. Looks exactly like the MYP one in real life. Same sheen and texture.

I got the Matte carbon fibre one from EVACA. Looks exactly like the MYP one in real life. Same sheen and texture.
Looks great but don't think they ship to Australia unfortunately.

I did a DIY attempt and it went well. I did a dry fit first and marked one side with blue painters tape. Then started on one side and rolled around to the other. Try it a couple times with the adhesive cover strips still on.

That said, I saw someone trying to resell one locally without the adhesive after a failed attempt, so it depends on you.
Any decent car detailing shop should be able to do it for you in a few minutes if you don't want to brave it yourself.

All Photos - 1 of 1.jpeg

Last edited:
I did a DIY attempt and it went well. I did a dry fit first and marked one side with blue painters tape. Then started on one side and rolled around to the other. Try it a couple times with the adhesive cover strips still on.

That said, I saw someone trying to resell one locally without the adhesive after a failed attempt, so it depends on you.
Any decent car detailing shop should be able to do it for you in a few minutes if you don't want to brave it yourself.

View attachment 939327
Great job.. fearless 😃👍🏻

View attachment 939327
Well done!
I've just spent 30 minutes playing with getting it centred as a dry run, but one problem I'm having is that having had the car ceramic coated, NOTHING sticks to it - not the blue painters tape, nothing! So I clearly need to clean off the ceramic coating first, but I only want to do that for the minimum area required to stick the spoiler on.
Think I will find a detailer to do the job for me!
BTW - my main reason for putting the spoiler on is to act as a 'bumper' if the trunk lid hits a low ceiling in parking station or the like (including where I work). The plastic spoiler will take any hits and not the paintwork. I know I can set the trunk lid height lower, but 90% of the time I don't need it lower, plus I'm 195cm tall and anything less than full height is a pain. :)

Reactions: Morri
I understand your interest in finding a high-quality Performance replica spoiler for your Tesla Model Y. Our Tesery carbon fiber spoiler is designed to closely replicate the original Tesla version in both pattern and finish. We offer options in matte, gloss carbon to suit your preference.

I recommend checking out our Tesery carbon fiber spoiler. Our customers have been highly satisfied with its quality and resemblance to the original Performance spoiler. You can find more details about our product here: Tesery Carbon Fiber Spoiler

If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out. We're here to help you achieve the look you desire for your Tesla Model Y.