Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car is going on display -- can it stay powered on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put the car in neutral with the parking break on.

I regularly leave my car like that when hopping out in order to leave the A/C on for my wife and dogs. My wife then proceeds to lock the car from the inside, but I'm sure a keyfob lock will do the same. The lights will stay on unless you explicitly turn it off.

Maybe put it in N with blocks on the wheels for safety?

My car is not nearby to test, but I think I've done this before. Get in the car and put your foot on the brake, then get out and leave the door open. Open the passenger door and close the driver side door. From the passenger seat, use the Controls window to set the lighting the way you want. Now get out and close the passenger door. I think the lights will stay on, but I'm not sure.

When I show it, I just leave the door open. Its in park. I invite people to have a seat and play with the screen anyway. After a while the screen goes off, seems like its longer than 15 mins but anyway I just reach in and touch the screen to bring it back. I kill the climate just to save battery. Off to shows tomorrow.

When I show it, I just leave the door open. Its in park. I invite people to have a seat and play with the screen anyway. After a while the screen goes off, seems like its longer than 15 mins but anyway I just reach in and touch the screen to bring it back. I kill the climate just to save battery. Off to shows tomorrow.

I also do this. In addition, I'll have my UMC plugged in.
This shows people how that works and won't let the car be shifted out of park.

The car will be roped off, and i wont be by it.. but i would like to have the daytime running lights on, and the screens, etc. I would prefer not to have the door ajar, even if only slightly. I could do the neutral trick, and block the wheels, but if it will power off after 15 minutes, that wont work either..... hmm. ...