Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian 3G Service Provider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is AT&T, was told by several tesla people in Toronto

Interestingly enough, the IP address my connection gets is from Dallas, TX...so even though I am in toronto, my Tesla's IP is telling websites it is visiting, that its from USA.

VIN2113

Well, being perhaps the first Canadian car to venture into the US, I can tell you that the 3G works seamlessly on both sides of the border.

i also noticed, after Doug_G's suggestion, that in a spot of our island that has no Rogers reception, but decent Telus reception, the car gets good signal. Of course, this may simply mean that they are using AT&T and it is roaming for all of us in Canada. They must have a corporate deal that gives them a better rate that individuals would get for roaming.

I hope that they just let us choose our own plans and install our own SIM when the one year free starter arrangement runs out.

Makes me wonder if we're running a US ATT account and "roaming" in Canada.

Yes, I think you are right, as i get the similar IP's on different days, but all are based from Dallas, TX.

What IP locations are you all getting ? just go to this link - http://www.geobytes.com/iplocator.htm - in your car

or - just google " ipl ocator " in your car and it should be your first link

scroll down, and it should show your 3G location

( below is an example screen shot from my desktop PC which is based in Toronto - not from my Car )

Capture.JPG