Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada deliveries bumped up - what are you getting?

Canada, What are you getting?

• First production

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Standard battery

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Dual motor

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Waiting for other model 3 options (eg. P, Ludicrous, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waiting for model Y

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a non-tesla owner, non-employee, reserved online Apr 1, 2016. My delivery estimate used to say late 2018. Now I see that if I choose
1) First production (Long range + premium) = mid-2018
2) Standard battery = Early 2019
3) Dual motor (Long range or Standard) = mid-2018

What are you planning on getting? Does earlier delivery entice you to buy one of the higher featured models?

Honestly, along with the latest info that more on Model Y is 3-6 months away, I have already waited so long that waiting some more (even if another 1-2yrs) for what I really would prefer is probably the route I am going.

I reserved day-one too. While the wait has been long, I am a little surprised to hear of so many build quality issues, especially with the software. Anyone else have concerns about build quality, or do you think Tesla will work them all out by the time we can configure here in Canada?

I reserved day-one too. While the wait has been long, I am a little surprised to hear of so many build quality issues, especially with the software. Anyone else have concerns about build quality, or do you think Tesla will work them all out by the time we can configure here in Canada?

Concern: Yes.
Will Tesla work them all out before Canada delivery: No

Tesla is operating like a rapid development software company, which means shipping minimum viable product software.

Will people still buy: yes.

We live in times of entitlement and desire for the future, today. By participating we justify this type of behavior.

I'll still be buying. The worst part is, I don't expect anything more than the product I get on day 1. I won't complain if more isn't delivered than contractually promised - in writing.

On delivery I expect the following to not exist:
Wifi
CHAdeMO adapter functionality
Any autopilot not in BETA.
Scroll wheel customisation
Summon
Rear seat heaters
Energy usage graph
I'm sure there are features others expect which aren't currently available.

Vote with your $ to take the hard line. Expecting more will likely disappoint.