Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can someone help compare 2021 X vs 2023 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in a bind. Model Y offers (may be new HW4), and potentially better charging but X seems desirable for change in personal scenarios now (garage and other issues), and need for better 3rd row/overall space. Plan it to keep it for long.

Could someone please help compare the 2021 Model X vs 2023 (say Dec ‘23) Model Y

I believe X would have about similar range (330 miles given some 15-20 mile range loss over 2 years), but will have new display/hardware which seems a great improvement (?, compared to 2020 model Xs)

Would be very helped by experts view (what I may miss on 21 X when compared to latest/23 X). Thanks!

I'd get the X for the windshield and extra space. You didn't say if the X was a 6 or 7 seater. I have had two 6 seaters and the captains chairs give nice access between them to the 3rd row as an alternative to moving 1 of 2nd row seats forward. Captains also keep kids separated :)

I would look at the Y closely tho too. For the price and HW4 if you think you'll want FSD or maybe some better safety aspect if that hardware is fully utilized (not sure about the later unless the processor or memory is faster. Cameras may have better side angles). My DIL has the Y and it does feel good sized.

You need to evaluate them in person.

Reactions: Pacernow and AJ..