Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Not Charge iPhone 15 Pro Max in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Jeda wireless pad w/Magsafe charging installed. So far so good!. I like how you can feel the phone lock onto the pad when you lay it down onto the tray. Going to test it out for the next few days but so far it's a huge upgrade over my old stock one that was super slow and heat the phone up. Also the rubberized coating on that one was starting to wear out and look like crap.

One thing to note is the Jeda pad does not have any sort of indicator that lights up when you place the phone on it. I sort of wish It did but suppose it's redundant when you can clearly see the phone is charging.

OLD NOMAD.

View attachment 991162

New JEDA MagSafe Wireless Pad

View attachment 991163
I have an older Jeda wireless charger from 2021 (pre-v4 but not sure which model). I just got the iPhone 15PM and, while it charges horizontally, it doesn't charge vertically. I'm thinking about getting the v4. Does the v4 work with your iPhone 15PM (vertically)? Or do you have a different sized phone?

I have an older Jeda wireless charger from 2021 (pre-v4 but not sure which model). I just got the iPhone 15PM and, while it charges horizontally, it doesn't charge vertically. I'm thinking about getting the v4. Does the v4 work with your iPhone 15PM (vertically)? Or do you have a different sized phone?
Yeah, it works vertically no problem but also allows for horizontal as well. I also have the 15PM

I discovered it is not possible to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max in the charge pads of the Tesla Model 3 (2021 model). I tried it with and without the case. I tried both pads, driver and passenger. I tried it upside down. Nothing worked. I had to use a USB C port in the rear passenger area to charge on the road.
I have read the iPhone 14 Pro Max will charge, but very slowly. The 14 Pro Max is the same size as the 15 Pro Max, so I figured it would work, too. But it doesn't.
Does anyone else have the same charging issue with the iPhone 15 Pro Max? How about in other Tesla models?
The problem is the charge pad doesn’t line up with the charging location of larger phones. I gave up and bought this.

WildLoop Car Mount Phone Charger for Tesla 3/Y - MagSafe-Compatible Charger with USB-C Cable - Dashboard Mount Car Accessories - 15W Fast Charging, Adjustable & Exclusively for Tesla 3/Y & All Phones

Now I can charge and have waze again in a location that’s safe to glance at quickly.

I discovered it is not possible to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max in the charge pads of the Tesla Model 3 (2021 model). I tried it with and without the case. I tried both pads, driver and passenger. I tried it upside down. Nothing worked. I had to use a USB C port in the rear passenger area to charge on the road.
I have read the iPhone 14 Pro Max will charge, but very slowly. The 14 Pro Max is the same size as the 15 Pro Max, so I figured it would work, too. But it doesn't.
Does anyone else have the same charging issue with the iPhone 15 Pro Max? How about in other Tesla models?
I have the exact same issue! With my 14 pro I was able to charge with the case that didn’t have MagSafe. With the 15 pro I can’t charge at all. It will start for a second and then stop charging. A little while later, it will start for a second and then stop. I was going to bring the car in for service, but I’m not sure if it’s the car or the phone

I have the exact same issue! With my 14 pro I was able to charge with the case that didn’t have MagSafe. With the 15 pro I can’t charge at all. It will start for a second and then stop charging. A little while later, it will start for a second and then stop. I was going to bring the car in for service, but I’m not sure if it’s the car or the phone
It’s the car
The wireless pad is only 7.5 watts power
If you are running Waze and or BY streaming
No way 7.5 watts can keep up
Either don’t use rhe iphone
Or get the Magbak, it provides 10 watts
Or cable it up, usbc to the rear or a charger in the under arm rest rocket
The CT does 15 watts