Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can Not Charge iPhone 15 Pro Max in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I discovered it is not possible to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max in the charge pads of the Tesla Model 3 (2021 model). I tried it with and without the case. I tried both pads, driver and passenger. I tried it upside down. Nothing worked. I had to use a USB C port in the rear passenger area to charge on the road.
I have read the iPhone 14 Pro Max will charge, but very slowly. The 14 Pro Max is the same size as the 15 Pro Max, so I figured it would work, too. But it doesn't.
Does anyone else have the same charging issue with the iPhone 15 Pro Max? How about in other Tesla models?

Im going to give this a try. Should be on it's way.

Im going to give this a try. Should be on it's way.

That’ll work if you have a 2017-2020 Model 3, before Tesla had the wireless charging pad.

Haha just because you have one in your Model 3 doesn’t mean Tesla provided them all along. Tesla started providing wireless charging in 2020.
Maybe next time you’ll know what you’re talking about before responding with thumbs down and incorrect information.
It’s ok, not always easy to track when features are added as we enjoy Teslas agility to add mid year, etc

My googling shows even the highland has a pathetic 5 watts of charging on the pad
Bonus the USBCs goto 65 watts each
But we all want wireless
I use dual Magbak magsafe display mounts which provides 10 watts of Qi
Way better

Got the Jeda wireless pad w/Magsafe charging installed. So far so good!. I like how you can feel the phone lock onto the pad when you lay it down onto the tray. Going to test it out for the next few days but so far it's a huge upgrade over my old stock one that was super slow and heat the phone up. Also the rubberized coating on that one was starting to wear out and look like crap.

One thing to note is the Jeda pad does not have any sort of indicator that lights up when you place the phone on it. I sort of wish It did but suppose it's redundant when you can clearly see the phone is charging.

OLD NOMAD.

IMG_7420.jpg

New JEDA MagSafe Wireless Pad

IMG_7421.jpg

Got the Jeda wireless pad w/Magsafe charging installed. So far so good!. I like how you can feel the phone lock onto the pad when you lay it down onto the tray. Going to test it out for the next few days but so far it's a huge upgrade over my old stock one that was super slow and heat the phone up. Also the rubberized coating on that one was starting to wear out and look like crap.

One thing to note is the Jeda pad does not have any sort of indicator that lights up when you place the phone on it. I sort of wish It did but suppose it's redundant when you can clearly see the phone is charging.

OLD NOMAD.

View attachment 991162

New JEDA MagSafe Wireless Pad

View attachment 991163
Can be installed on 2023 M3MY?
On top of the existing wireless pad

Under support, the product page does not explain

Can be installed on 2023 M3MY?
On top of the existing wireless pad

Under support, the product page does not explain
Looks like this one states 2017-2020 only. There are four little round feet on the bottom of this new pad that align with the same round indentions on my stock tray once I lifted the old one out of there. I don't think you could get this one to sit correctly ontop of another pad.

I am so frustrated. My iPhone 14 worked with a non MagSafe ultra slim case all the time. The same case, MagSafe case, and no case gets it started then it will stop and start and stop charging again! However sometimes it stays in charging and is ok. Other times it won’t charge after it goes off the 1st time.

i don’t know if it’s the charger, the case or the phone, I don’t think it’s the case because it does it with every case I’ve tried and also without any case.

the charge pad was ok with my pro 14 so I don’t think it’s the car….

it’s so frustrating. I know it slow charges and gets hot but when it just stops that’s bad… and shouldn’t be an issue

i I have a model 3 2023.
any other suggestions? I tried upside down no luck. It could be the bump, but why does it work sometimes and not others.

any suggestions appreciated! I don’t want to use a 3rd party product for this it should be working.

For max charging, I have only seen the Magbak magsafe display mount works best
10 watts vs 5 watts for the Tesla in vehicle charging pad

If you’re running Waze and BT streaming while driving, these plus keeping the iPhone alive is greater than 5 watts

They have a dual mount, left and right, and dual port charger, best deal